[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ff3.png (327 KB, 1030x364)
327 KB
327 KB PNG
there are so many hints all over
>>
Aren't they all in the same world as FF2 because of the chocobos?
>>
>10 second battle turns into a 2 minute battle
3d remakes were a mistake
>>
File: world.png (2.52 MB, 3336x1384)
2.52 MB
2.52 MB PNG
>>10911108
No just FF3 and 8. The floating continent is where the deep sea deposit is now (it sunk due to the tower of Owen dying).
>>
yeah but hyne was a random nobody in 3 while he is the father of magic in 8 or something
>>
>>10911108
>every FF is FF2 sequels
holy freaking kino
>>
>>10911165
I think after the apocalypse people used it as an explanation for sorceress' existence. Remembering something about skin missing in the old stories.
You know I just realized something. Periods revolve around lunar cycles. I bet the pillar falling has something to do with it and they blamed it on poor Hyne.
>>
>>10911105
>>10911134
It's cool to see the FF3/8 parallels. 3 was also the game that introduced summons, which is the main identity of FF8 with the GFs.
>>
File: UltimeciasClocktower.jpg (23 KB, 400x300)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>10911191
they are really teasing us. i think i may work on a piece of fanfiction linking the two.
>>
When you think about it, a 3 is just an incomplete 8
>>
Good old fashioned editorial here
https://web.archive.org/web/20120806024117/https://rpgamer.com/editor/2005/q2/050205gm.html

ah those were the days!
>>
Is this on snes or is it ff6?
>>
>>10911459
This is super interesting and makes me appreciate both games more.
>>
>>10911105
>>10911108
again trying to get something for a video, game theorist?
as was said before is only coincidence and reusager of puzzles and ideas only that and nothing else.
Is like those saying
>FFX is in the past and before FFVII because you helped a character to make the mako reactor.
when in reality as sakaguchi said
>each game is it's own thing and they aren't connected in any way,we kinda reuse certain materials but is only to please those familiar with FF settings.
So if the father of FF said that there is no point on theorizing "this game is connected to this other" when it isn't.
For example if it was like that most games are just a book based on final fantasy tactics setting and the reusage of ivalice for FFXII
>>
>>10912313
You are really going off over my shitpost about chocobos.
>>
>>10912313
GAME THEORY: Every numbered Final Fantasy game is a direct sequel to the one before it, they just sometimes take place thousands or even millions of years apart, often with civilization-resetting cataclysms in between which is why everything about the setting changes so dramatically every time.
>>
File: 1672231484676728.jpg (164 KB, 640x480)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
LUFENIAAAAAAANS
>>
>>10912342
At that point, it's kinda pointless to say they're sequels. Also, doesn't XI point out that every FF happens in the same galaxy, just on a completely different planet for each game?
>>
FF8 keeps getting more and more kino
>>
>>10912362
What if every numbered game is a direct prequel to the previous one? They're released in reverse chronological order and there's more technology as you go through the series because civilization is slowly losing its technological progress over time.
>>
>>10911105
Well yeah anon, FF8 literally mentions FF3 final boss.
>>
FF9 is a sequel to FF1, they literally have the same villains and you see FF1 world being destroyed.
>>
>>10913252
I don't remember this
>>
Aren't they all just different social experiments being conducted by a progenitor alien, maybe it deliberately set up two very similar scenarios to see what divergences pop up.
>>
>>10912313
Even though Sakaguchi said that, there could have been others working on it who slipped in references and intended connections. I don't see them as directly in the same world so much as kind of multiverse offshoots. FF3 references the warriors of dark who stopped the light 1000 years before so its almost a bizarro world sequel to 1 in a way.
>>
4 is almost a direct sequel to 2, as kain is ricard's adopted son.

the whole point of 9 was to fully establish that they're all the same setting. Garland in 9 *is* the garland from 1, AKA Chaos. the two worlds from ff5 are Terra And Gaia.the Centra ruins from 8 are the remnants of the cetra villiage in 7.

from the way the storylines flow, the timeline that makes the most sense to me is three general eras a few thousand years apart, and the games in each era generally take place a couple hundred years apart(excepting of course, that 4 takes place only two decades after2)

the order that makes most sense to me is 3>1>5, 2>4>6, 7>8>9.
>>
>>10913419
The problem with the games all taking place in the same world is that the "rules" vary game to game. The laws of nature, the afterlife, how magic works, etc.
>>
Squall is dead lol. There’s no point in even trying to understand the narrative because the main character is dead and it’s all a dream. The whole point is to do all this shit just to die and then some freaky stuff happens in the next three fourths of the story that do not connect to the first in any way. This game is pointless to comprehend for any person and it doesn’t matter anyway because I already figured it out. Squall is dead, I mean the symbolism is all over the place. Remember when he got hit with that ice attack and died? It’s like the game is screaming it in your face. It’s not just a game theory. It’s a game fact. When I read this it blew my mind, like duh of course it’s all a dream by a dead guy. It all makes sense.
>>
>>10911191
You know what really grinds my gears? Some tranny squeenix localizer got to decide that summoned monsters are called “Eidolans”. This term does not even exist in the Japanese games.
>>
The bottom of the deep sea research center has blue crystals...
>>
File: DeepSeaResearchCenter.jpg (179 KB, 400x512)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
the real question being, is this architecture reminiscent of anything from 3's Floating Continent? I don't think so though. On the contrary, it seems to be of the Centra, linking this part to another continent in 8, rather than being its own thing.

Bahamut being found there really is the only key element to this theory I would say. But for me the deal breaker is Hyne, who to me seems to be a much more powerful character in 8 than he is in 3.
In 8 if you take the legend literally he would literally be God, and the sorceress' powers we see are only a fragment of that power and they have the ability to be passed on from generation to generation. There is nothing hinting at this level of power with 3's Hyne.
Even if we assume that the legend is just a legend and Hyne is not *literally* God, but merely a powerful being, it's still above anything he was in 3.

As for the rest, hiding stuff in a corner of the world map is such a common trope in JRPGs that both the research center and the floating continent being located at the same point could be coincidental. The clock could also be a coincidence (and if the characters are to stand there, it limits the possible positions of the needle) and if it was on purpose, it sounds way too cheeky to be true.
>>
>>10913371
At the very least, 1-6 are.
>>
File: cid.png (2.59 MB, 1950x1000)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB PNG
The real question is, is it possible for all the Cids to be related by blood?
>>
File: 1684363620247006.png (888 KB, 540x666)
888 KB
888 KB PNG
>>10915665
>>
>>10911165
And in 14's ancient legends, hes the cause of everything going to shit.
>>
File: MISCSAGA (10).jpg (438 KB, 2000x1284)
438 KB
438 KB JPG
>>10912342
Just look at it from the composite of SaGa, variants of the same world.
>>
>>10911428
And an 8 is just a sideways infinity symbol, that's why they're in a time loop
>>
>>10915317
Eidolon was first used in FF9’s translation (way before the “tranny localizer” craze), and didn’t even become the standard english term for summon until XIII, since X called them Aeons and XII Espers. They’re generally called Shōkanjū (summoned beast) or Genjū (Phantom/Illusionary Beast) in japanese. The only game that doesn’t follow this naming scheme to my knowledge is 8, since they’re called GF in both japanese and english.
>>
>>10917436
I feel like this is one of those reverse import situations where Square Enix noticed the English audience liked the "Woolseyism" of each game having it's own name for the summons and adopted that idea more officially.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.