[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1718360555799142.jpg (102 KB, 694x899)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
I came across a detective game that is 40 years old that has an unsolved mystery in it.

This is a J.B. Harold Murder Club Thread.
The playthrough is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jRyUNZSzi4

Here is the Summary:
It's a solve the murder type game.
but the game gets a bit deeper because there are multiple crimes uncovered, ultimately It's about a group of mystery novel enthusiasts who conspire to pull off the perfect crime. They decide to rob a bank, as one of them is a bank teller. After the bank robbery, they will burn down the house of the Bank Teller, using a fresh corpse from the morgue as a standin.

One of the group is a Doctor which allows this to be possible. The bank teller also has a loving family so its more convincing that he would not fake his death. After faking his death, he comes up with a fake identity, and actually marries back into his same family, after using plastic surgery.

The person who is murdered is an extremely intelligent and good looking guy, who is a womanizer and most people dislike because he runs a successful company that isn't even his own family's. He is adopted.

He marries into the Bank Teller's family, and upon hearing the story of the burning down, he makes connections to the Mystery Novel group and figures out the mystery, they murder him for it and believe they can get away with it because almost everyone in town hates him, including women he used.
>>
File: w500.jpg (193 KB, 500x500)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
However at the start of the game there is a reference to an unsolved rape case of Sara Shields, who is one of the games characters. It is said that she is concealing the identity of the rapist and knew that person. Sara Shields is also a fantastic singer

To date there is no one that has solved this mystery and no indication of it being solvable in game.

So who dunnit? Who raped Sara Shields?
>>
>>11026316
It looks cool, I've always thought these kind of game benefit more with an Interactive Fiction format, with the pictures included tho.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (1014 KB, 1920x1080)
1014 KB
1014 KB JPG
>>11026718
I'm not sure what comes with it, but it's worth watching the playthrough at least and to speculate on what really went on.
I want to solve the Mystery of Sara Shields though.
>>
>>11026321
Rick Blaine
>>
>>11026321
>So who dunnit? Who raped Sara Shields?
Perhaps they talk about it in the sequel? After all, that game starts with the death of Sara Shields.
>>
>>11027557
I don't speak Japanese unfortunately.
You would think if it was included at the start of the game the mystery should be solvable within the first game.
>>
>>11028478
It's available in English for LaserActive, iOS, Android and Switch. Weirdly, the Switch version has only been released on the Japanese eShop, even though it's also in English.
>>
>>11028537
I am playing through the Switch version now. LaserActive isn't really an option.
Doesn't really seem like it's related to the mystery at all so far.
She moved from Liberty Town to Manhattan.
The rape occurred in Liberty Town with one of those characters.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.