[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: letschallenge.png (363 KB, 1235x1061)
363 KB
363 KB PNG
Am I the only one who actually kind of likes "A Week of Garfield?"

I know it's not exactly a masterpiece, but I still enjoy it.
>>
What's fun about it?
>>
File: IMG_0319.jpg (86 KB, 1280x720)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>11034179
oh shid lasagna cot???
>yes
>>
>>11034179
It's OK if you like it, but it's still a shitty game. I have plenty of shitty games I like so don't feel too bad about it.
>>
>>11034179
I'm intrigued by it, in the sense that a Japan-only Garfield Famicom game existing at all is kind of weird.
>>
File: gens.jpg (96 KB, 638x469)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>11034359
This.

I suppose all of our experiences are subjective in life and our hobbies, but we can have both more objective takes, where we purposefully make an effort to remove our bias, and a more subjective take where we fully embrace them. I have tons of titles that I recognize are objectively flawed and most people wouldn't forgive them like I do, but I like them, despite not considering them "good".
>>
Everything about it is bad or very strange, and I like it a lot for that. Also I was really into Garfield as a kid.
>>
>>11034179
The only thing that intrigues me about this game is how they took that obscure one-off (?) street cat character and made him sort of main antagonist to Garfield (i don't even know if that cat is in the game or it's just a cover art).

Other than that, this game is very, very cheap looking. Not in a charming way.
It's like 3rd grader's first attempt at spritework and level design. I've been "making" such "games" on paper when I was 8, just put a line of random enemies and out-of-place obstacles into straight corridor, throw a badly drawn key item under a random brick because that's how you perceive level design, and call it a day.
>>
I'm surprised that there wasn't a Garfield and Friends NES game. AWOG likely would've been starting development around when the series premiered, so maybe the timing didn't quite work out for that one, but I think the cartoon wouldn't been a better inspiration for a game, not to mention they could've incorporated some U.S. Acres levels.
>>
>>11034359
not me. my taste is impeccable. I only enjoy the finest of games.
>>
>>11034446
I guess Garfield has the same fame as Scooby-Doo in Japan (like zero fame)?

There was an old hoax rumor that they've aired "& Friends" show in 90's and dubbed Garfield as "Lasagnyan". They should bring it back again and give him that name for real.
>>
>>11034446
United Features Syndicate still controlled Garfield at the tims and clearly whored out the license behind Jim Davis's back.
>>
>>11035558
This.

Be confident in your likes and dislikes, anons.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.