[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thoughts on Akumajou Gargamel?
>>
>>11045569
made me chuckle
>>
There is a high chance this game was actually developed by Konami
>>
>>11045569
Everyone knows that Peewit no Rondo is the ultimate Garglevania
>>
For me? It's Gargamel Densetsu (Smurfvania III: Gargamel's Curse)
>>
The first ever precision platformer
>>
File: bald kek.jpg (111 KB, 559x488)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>11045569
>>
How did Coleco mog every other system at the time so harshly?
>>
What about "Cabbage Patch Kids to Paaku ni Ikuzo!! Dokidoki Daibouken"?
>>
File: 18685--athletic-land.png (172 KB, 517x700)
172 KB
172 KB PNG
>>11051973
Cute sequel to Athletic Land.
>>
>>11051959
Colecan what Ataraint
>>
>>11051959
It looks that way because of how the market in the US was, but in JP the Famicom came out in 1983, only a year after after the ColecoVision, I still think ColecoVision is impressive, but it was mogged by Nintendo after just a year.
>>
Tips for getting gud at this?
Is a legit Coleco controller necessary?
>>
>>11053419
I tried a genesis controller on this game once, it didn't feel right at all. This is a game made for a coleco stick. Maybe another kind of joystick like atari's might be close enough.
Learning how the double jump works and getting it consistent is the first step. I always felt the game expected your use of the stick to have a consistent pace/timing and deliberateness in your inputs.
Don't be afraid to go back and forth to reroll a bad layout, especially in the cave where the bat can just clothesline you
>>
>>11051973
lost
>>
>>11045569
>>11051973
My sides
>>
>>11051959
It used the best contemporary hardware to be found in any console at the time. It was closer to the NES than the Atari 2600 or Intellivision and in fact heavily influenced the design of both the Famicom and the Sega SG-1000.

Coleco would've been going places and likely would've even weathered the 1983 crash if they hadn't bet the farm on the Adam computer which flopped so hard it killed the company.
>>
>>11045569
I remember this from Beast Wars Full Plastic Jacket
>>
>>11054178
QRD?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.