[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: PXL_20240625_013854541.MP.jpg (653 KB, 1886x2000)
653 KB
653 KB JPG
Can we start up another Resident Evil thread? Still trucking through RE1 True Directors Cut arranged mode as Jill.

This has to be one of my favorite camera angles in DC so far
>>
>>11046227
This is not reddit, buddy
>>
>>11046227
Don't think I've ever seen this angle before. Is there anymore noticable changes?
>>
>>11046239
Then why are you here?
>>
>>11046227
why are people so obsessed about making the same threads over and over about the same 10 games over and over. holy shit there's 20k + games from 77-2007 you're telling me you guys can only find 10 fucking games to talk about? jesus fucking shit
>>
File: PXL_20240625_014053973.jpg (965 KB, 1777x1585)
965 KB
965 KB JPG
>>11046252
In PS1 Director's Cut you get original and arranged mode. Original is more the Long Box version with auto aim. Arranged mode has key items moved around, new camera angles. I played Original mode with Chris right before Jill arranged and I notice the new camera angles right away, really neat.

I'm playing the Director's Cut Dual Shock version which isn't recommended since it has a new (and awful) soundtrack. A lot of people clown on the new Basement Kitchen song but honestly most of the new tracks are awful. I'm using a fan made patch called True Director's Cut which gives you vibration (and analog if you want it) with the original sound track along with some uncensoring.

The general consensus in the last few threads were to play the patched up PC version but I don't have an easy way to get 240P from a PC to a consumer CRT so i'm sticking with the PS1 version.
>>
File: PXL_20240625_042521948.MP.jpg (2.13 MB, 3067x3315)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB JPG
Just polished off Jill arranged mode. Considering an hour plus of that time is idle time i'm happy with it.

Jill arrange mode is so easy especially compared to original Chris. I had to restart with Chris like 3 times before I had a good start at it. If you don't know where you are going you can exhaust handgun rounds before getting the shotgun. With Jill arranged mode you get the Bazooka and Shotgun right off the bat practically.
>>
File: 1707195380383549 (1).jpg (3.32 MB, 975x2250)
3.32 MB
3.32 MB JPG
>>11046446
It has been proved that the game has enough ammo to kill every enemy, you just need to properly choose your weapons for each enemy and obviously not miss a single shot
>>
>>11046474
>you just need to properly choose your weapons for each enemy

I don't think you even need to be that strict to kill everything. I had ammo to spare by the end of Chris game, didn't touch the magnum till the first Tyrant fight and had shells and handgun ammo to burn.
>>
>>11046446
Dont forget how arrange mode handgun makes early sections super easy with its headshots. Its fun tho
>>
File: 1673288848388857.jpg (53 KB, 750x932)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>11046474
>>11046484
It depends on which version of RE1 you're playing
Enemies have more health (and deal more damage) in the original US and PAL versions of the game (Saturn version too) so you'll need more ammo to kill them
The difficulty was brought down the the easier JP level for Director's Cut and Director's Cut: Dualshock
>>
Many of the Arrange mode angles look cool but are impractical for gameplay.

https://tcrf.net/Resident_Evil_(PlayStation)/Rooms_Differences
>>
>>11046668
What really puzzles me are some of those who are barely any different. Like what's the point.
>>
>>11046671
They probably just used whatever unused prototype shots they had that was useable, regarldess of how different it was
>>
>>11046668
Interesting how most of these are just different angles but the Lab B3 Corridor has completely different textures, the ceiling is different and they removed the ducts
>>
>>11046679
The duct is used by the player, it connects the morgue to the autopsy room (and still is used by the player in Arrange mode even if the duct isn't there). This further strengthens my belief that it wasn't "removed", it's just a prototype version from before the duct was added.

There are a few shots like pic related or the entire new guard house corridor which are believe are genuinely new and not prototypes; the reason I believe that is because those have a LOT less compression artifacts than the rest. Also, the rest of the guard house 1st floor actually uses duplicate files for the rooms in arrange mode despite the rooms being identical, which imo is a hint that they were planning to change the entire area but only had time for the first corridor.
>>
>>11046668
The lab looking so rough in the alternative version doesn't make sense. It was an active lab not even 2 months ago right?
>>
File: Untitled.png (732 KB, 1257x647)
732 KB
732 KB PNG
>>11047227
Wait until you see the remake
>>
>>11048438
I hated the remake
>>
>>11046253
>um can I post? Diaper need changey!
>>
>>
GOG just dropped PC versions of 1 2 and 3 that are supposedly cleaned up
>>
>>11049458
I came to /v/ and /vr/ just because I saw it up on GOG. RE1 is up now. RE2 and RE3 are later this year.
>>
How are the PC versions on GOG? Reading reviews it seems they are the original PC versions cleaned up. Are they a more convenient way of setting rebirth up or am I better up going through >>11046474?
>>
For me, the original US version is the definitive version. I mean that is in that's the version that literally defined "survival horror."

Many people have the same experience of killing everything and using their ammo liberally only to be stuck with the Hunters repopulating the mansion and barely any ammo or healing items to deal with them.
Nobody who plays the other versions can understand. They always say it is too easy or that it gives too much ammo because they played casualized versions.

I don't like arrange modes or any new game+ that just changes the location of things around.
>>
>>11051859
I still like the later versions even though they're easier but I have to agree that the US Longbox/Saturn difficulty is the only one that's actually challenging
>>
>>11049028
You got BTFO
>>
>>11046227
the DS version is the best Resident Evil 1
>>
>>11055129
I liked it but it's not perfect. The music sounds like ass compared to the other versions for example

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.