[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Tag.jpg (443 KB, 1920x1080)
443 KB
443 KB JPG
I like this game.
https://youtu.be/rt1wMbG43CU?si=dR5BdxI6LKv2ic2t
>>
As much as I like Crash games, one look at this game's character models and I understood why the slang "soulless" became so prevalent here.
>>
>>11048646
it's a cute one, the hub is surprisingly fun to platform around, and I appreciate it shares it's humor with the other latter Crash releases on the PS2.
Honestly an underrated game in his catalog.
>>
>>11048654
why?
This game has a surprising amount of soul, far more than something like Crash Bash.
The models in this game a typically lower quality than say the ones in twinsanity or the Titans games, but it's also a racing game, with a hub, where you can combine multiple characters vehicles on the fly. They were prolly gonna need to save space somewhere.
What a weird remark.
>>
>>11048668
>why?
There's something especially uncanny about them that even Twinsanity's character models didn't have.
>>
this game and Twinsanity started the Reddit Borderlands tier "humor" in games
>>
just played this game last month and 100% finished it. Had it as a kid and me and my brother used to play splitscreen. nowadays its kinda shallow and easy however it IS a children's game so theres that...
>>
File: 17.png (269 KB, 568x889)
269 KB
269 KB PNG
Nina Cortex is best daughter/niece
>>
File: 1719447691415.jpg (328 KB, 998x795)
328 KB
328 KB JPG
I beat it recently, was expecting to hate it because I remember not enjoying it back then when it was new but I did have fun with it, the hubworld is certainly far better than the racing but I liked doing fast lap challenges the most, and as juvenile as the humor is at least it has that mid-00s charm that I can sort of appreciate, specially compared to the Toys for Bob ones that are bland and safe as hell.
The minigames suck outside the bowling one though.
>>
File: IMG_0464.jpg (498 KB, 1120x1535)
498 KB
498 KB JPG
>>11048646
This is such a me thread, I grew up with the Crash Bandicoot PS2 triple pack and all three of those games are classic in my eye, even though my heart belongs to Twinsanity.
>>
>>11052096
WoC is just a shitty version of 3 who cares
>>
>>11048646
I was like 11 years old when this came out which was the ideal age for the juvenile humor in the game. The loading screens took forever but if you pressed A or B (on gamecube) during them it would make fart/burp noises which I thought was the funniest thing at the time. The amusement park setting was great for a platformer but I remember the kart racing kinda sucking. I'm sure it doesn't hold up nowadays, but it was pretty entertaining as a kid.
>>
File: 1706584444065268.png (23 KB, 800x600)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>11052098
It's the only "traditional" Crash on PS2, so I care.
>>
>>11048846
It's nothing like reddit humor, STFU. In Twinsanity's case at least, the characters do take the story seriously and any 4th wall "references" are few and far between. Just compare Twinsanity humor to Crash 4 cringe and tell me I'm wrong.
>>
>>11048846
Twinsanity and Tag Team have more of a Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy style humor than pop-culture reference/self-deprecated humor like "Borderlands Humor".
If anything, Crash 4 is more like that, they even added the oneyplays Woah meme.
>>
DO NOT MASH THE FACE BUTTONS DURING THE LOADING SCREEN
WORST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE
>>
>>11048654
The possum is neat. The old games even this one just look far better than the mess toys for bob gave us in 4.
>>
>Racing is the absolute worst part of a racing game
Huh…
>>
>>11054948
FART BURP FART BURP BURRRRRRP
>>
>wanna emulate this just for fun
>DO NOT want to unlock every character..or really replay the entire game cause it was kinda boring
tell me theres an ar code or something that just unlocks everything
>>
>>11055062
find a gamecube/ps2 100% save and inject it to your memory card
>>
>>11048846
Fish?
>>
https://youtu.be/FgbyC-7j9lc?si=zbBbDWfOwQ8ZIv-f
>>
>>11048646
It only good on when you play with your friends
>>
>>11053932
I always remember doctor cortex saying "It's true! Blondes do have more fun!".
>>
>>11050631
>when you realize that PS2 has more Crash Bandicoot games than PS1

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.