[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1695602699946888.jpg (816 KB, 1626x2032)
816 KB
816 KB JPG
>It was intended as a Dreamcast game but ended up an Xbox game.
Not even being snarky here but this is kimda fitting and funny
>>
dude drop drop drop drop
why
>>
>>11050943
A lot of early X box games are dreamcast left overs.
>>
>>11050950
Wasnt called the sucessor for nothing.
>>
>>11050943
I was ready to call BS because Climax was a shit eurojank dev, but it looks to be true.
>>
>>11050943
I played the shit out of this back in the day and was choked the day I found out the sequel was cancelled by reading those tiny margin notes in Official Xbox Magazine.
>>
>>11051143
it looks pretty good, I mean to try it sometime
>>
>>11050979
climax made kino
>>
It was a lot better than I expected it to be. The music is especially nice.
>>
>>11050943
Sino-Europa ludo
>>
>>11050943
huh, no wonder it was so janky even by 2004 standards
also this game is the embodiment of the western lack of understaind why JRPG's are good
tenime art style with coomer service does not make a JRPG good, speaking of coomer service the characters especially the blue haired slut look awful ingame compared to the tranime art like in the OP
>>
>>11051996
This is the actual box art.
>>
The game was really unfinished. Alish was the most fun character to play as but the game chugged like crazy whenever you used her. We're talking single digit frame rates. There's also effectively no ending. It's an NES tier 10 second affair, which is unacceptable for an RPG from 2004.
>>
>>11053026
They really should have gone with the Japanese artist.
>>
>>11053232
https://youtu.be/LR_wMlHkAig?si=bqGQnoL16YVgYv3x
>>
>>11054381
Good to know even the devs were pissed about that. I always felt like it was one of those games that was a victim of either budget or time constraints. It feels like an 80% complete beta of what would have been a great game. Still good as released but the unrealized potential feels like a kick in the balls.
>>
>>11050943
>>11050950
>A lot of early X box games are dreamcast left overs
This, wasn't just limited to the Xbox though. Everyone already knows about Shenmue 2 and Jet Set Radio Future, but PS2 Shinobi, Super Monkey Ball and Panzer Dragoon Orta were all initially Dreamcast titles that got moved over to other hardware when Sega killed the Dreamcast.
>>
>>11051598
I know, and agree.

>>11051996
>also this game is the embodiment of the western lack of understaind why JRPG's are good
JRPGs aren't "good" though. This has way more ambitious gameplay than most of them, it's one of the few times I've seen a multi-character party action game actually work out well and have each character have unique usable mechanics that are interesting. Most criticism of it I've seen is shallow, with the only problems being that it's unfinished and should have been remade properly. It's a severely over criticized game.
>>
>>11056323
I can smell the hypocrisy here.
>>
File: 19248_front.jpg (128 KB, 640x902)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>11053026
Not in Japan. Anyways, I played this back in the day and had fun, I have a thing for those mediocre old RPG-lites like this.

Reminder that there's an amazing PC port, runs on modern OS, has plug and play controller support and is currently on sale on steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/233350/Sudeki/
>>
>>11050943
>It was intended as a Dreamcast game
PLEASE stop lying on the internet.
>>
>>11058494
It was though.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.