[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: aaa.jpg (33 KB, 350x353)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
How much advanced has it been done?
What did I even just type?
How advanced has the modding scene gotten?
I have broken several broken xboxs with bad hard drives or DVD drives.
Can I mod an Xbox to not need a hard drive and have it save saves to a memory card or something
Can I mod it to not need a DVD drive?
How much shit can I take out of this thing?
>>
>>11053273
Xbox needs some kind of internal storage to work, maybe you can get some kind of IDE to SD adapter or whatever. Maybe there can be some kind of sexy external power supply mod or something.
>>
>>11053280
external PSUs are never sexy, but I'll be damned if they aren't a drastically superior choice
>>
>>11053363
That's the thing, you can put them around the corner or something.
>>
>>11053365
exactly, and if it breaks, you can just buy or build another with relative ease.
>>
>>11053273
Considering how you are unable to look up this info yourself, I would guess you can't solder either so you are shit outta luck
>>
>>11053375
I can solder fine dude
>>
>>11053384
Recap your shit
Solder modchip
Install cerbios
>>
I've been trying to get one all modded up. First one I broke by being an idiot. Second one was just fucked from the start. Third one, just as I was done, I forgot to plug the cpu fan in and RIP toasty. Now number 4 comes in few days and I'm ready to just fucking finish this already, These systems have so many damn caps. And I have to install the ram chips so I can play the library in 720p and other benefits due to personal autism.
>>
>>11053407
You sound super competent. Conducting an Xbox genocide.
>>
>>11053435
Yeah it hurts man. I have two fully recapped boards, one of which is fully populated with successful ram, and they're both dead. I'll find some way to get the parts back out there in the end. I couldn't stop playing that first xbox I did, and I know I'm going to use the shit out of it in the end, so I just have to give it a final push. If I kill one more, I know it wasn't god's plan and I have to repent for what I've done
>>
>>11053398
Also get a IDE to SATA adapter and get a HDD with the size of your choice
>>
>>11053273
If your hdd is broken you are fucked, you need a modchip or read your eeprom to make a new hdd to lock it with your eeprom
If you have a working virgin xbox, Endgame is for you
>>
Would there be a simple way to just clone my box's HDD?
I don't really want to mod mine unless I absolutely have to in the case of something like my disk drive breaking
>>
>>11054219
I bet FATXplorer could handle that on pc
>>
>>11053273
I bought one from goodwill, games will play, but i can't get to the dashboard or what you call it.
>>
>>11054219
the hdd is locked with a 16 digit key, so even if you clone it, you need to get the key to relock the new drive
>>
>>11054651
What happens when you power on the system without a disc in the drive?
>>
>>11053273
mine is TSOP flashed with clockcap removed
i would imagine their are better solutions in 2024
>>
>>11055782
Maybe installing Cerbios to your xbox, but tsop is the endgame you don't need anything else
>>
>>11055593
Is there a way to format a locked HDD even?, last time I tried I couldn't
>>
>>11055593
Has anyone come up with a way to crack those?
>>
>>11056162
>>11056174
You have to unlock it with the key using either a modchip or soldering wires
>>
My fourth Xbox was "delivered" today except it wasn't. So I may have my 4th (effectively) dead Xbox. Will pursue the package and such, but just kind of funny and maybe a little scary at this point
>>
>>11056485
I mean on a pc, format the hdd to use it on another thing

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.