[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

what a shit remakes
>worse music
>delay when change direction
>shit sound effect
>for some reason the enemies' resist was doubled
>>
wily tower was pretty cool at least
https://youtu.be/8CMnZe_R7zM?feature=shared
>>
>Artist Keiji Inafune claimed that the development of the game was outsourced and rather slow going. He described the debugging procedure as "an absolute nightmare", even helping out in process himself as he felt bad for the person in charge. "It was so bad," he recalled, "I found myself saying, 'I can't believe we've made it out of there alive.'" The team later questioned whether the nightmare was "truly necessary", which led to changes in procedure to try and avoid similar situations in the future

Classic Inafune move to outsource to a company completely unprepared for the task at hand.
>>
>>11053430
>the enemies' resist are doubled
I guess this gives them some novelty if you wanted to try a harder version of the original three games. Sucks that they came with all those technical problems, though.
>>
>>11053443
Eh, it's a cool concept, but should have been way harder to take into account the fact that you can bring with you the most OP arsenal.
>>
>>11053430
The robot master AI is also changed for some reason. Try fighting Elec Man without Rolling Cutter. He's cracked out of his mind and behaves nothing like the NES version.
>>
>>11054182
Yeah veterans of the series are guaranteed to notice all the small fuckups. If anything I think that 3 is overall more polished than the NES version, even if the fact that they didn't bother updating the Proto Man sprite annoys me everytime.
>>
Cutest Mega Man sprite though.
>>
>>11053430
Still salty there wasn't a physical release stateside. My family only had genesis so my Megaman junkie ass had to wait years before I learned how to emulate the nes games. On the other hand, it motivated me to learn emulation. And the Wily Wars versions are ass. Might've been for the best
>>
It's the first three mega man games (i.e. the only good ones), with better graphics, better sound, and on a better console. Looking for shit to complain about is nerd virgin shit. I wish I could pummel you into a locker.
>>
>>11054252
I bet you think Mario All-stars is good too you consoomer faggot
>>
File: MMWW_LP2_Collection.png (754 KB, 1200x600)
754 KB
754 KB PNG
>>11054239
It actually did get a physical US release, which even fixed some of the slowdown issues. It was just thirty fucking years after the Genesis was relevant.

I own it, the sparkly blue cartridge is nice.
>>
>>11054252
>on a better console
This has no significant influence on gameplay
NES experience is better anyway
>>
>>11054538
Yes it does.
>>11054267
Shut the fuck up nerd, there's nothing wrong with all stars. If you start talking physics with me I'm going to pummel you into a locker.
>>
I tried playing this after seeing the thread out of curiosity and the first thing I noticed is that robot masters take an eternity to kill with the buster. Did they mess up with their invincibility frames or just made the buster weaker?
>>
>>11056324
A little of both, really. Long i-frames in general but if my memory serves they just made the buster do 1 damage across the board, even to bosses intentionally made to take two pips as the "easy" boss to start with (like Cutman).

This naturally makes Quickman even more dickish because his lower "defense" was one of the few things in your favor after Time Stopper runs out.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.