[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

ok so i started playing this game. what i wana know is can you play through the game with out getting killed in the beginning? if so how far can you go or how long could you last? is playing as a human like a second secret game or what?
>>
It's called a scripted event you fucking zoomer.
>>
Yeah you just keep killing those mobs until you run out of health. Nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>11054579
not a zoomer, only saw this game once as a child and never learned what the name was til today.
>>11054589
but can you at least explore more of that area or its just 1 area you are trapped in?
>>
>>11054594
No.
>>
>>11054579
>>11054589
>>11054598
What if I hack the game? Is there anyway around this? I seriously don't want to die. It feels like losing
>>
>>11054602
Hack the game and do what? Have a different coloured sprite with no corresponding animations?
>>
>>11054605
if you could explore the game world as a human how is that not a bonus game hidden under the main game?
>>
>>11054631
It wouldn't be hidden, just a boring hack.
>>
>>11054636
not talking bout hacking, just not dieng to he mobs who keep coming at you while you run around
>>
>>11054631
Are you going to magically alter all the dialogue and boss encounters as a mortal man?
>>
>>11054668
was just gonna play for fun as a human, the vampire bit doesnt interest me one bit
>>
>>11054602
Nothing wrong with losing. It's not your vampire form, so you didn't lose fairly.
>>
>>11054602
>le heckin BAD FEELINGS noooooo
Jesus fucking christ you're pathetic
>>
>>11054681
then this isn't the game for you
>>
>>11054681
mid bait
>>
>>11054698
its not bait tho fr
>be me in 199x
>at friends house
>friend has ps1 and this game
>watch him try to make it as a human a few times
fast forward 25+ years and here we are now, always had this game in the back of my mind and now i can try it myself.
>>
ok i played for a few minutes, what i discovered is that there is no way out of the starting area, all ways are blocked off. so you really have to die and become a vampire
>>
>>11054771
Wow you are room temperature IQ.
>>
>>11054803
not at all, the game devs were clearly retards, what a missed opportunity to hide Easter eggs and shit in this game. whats the actual point in letting the player control kain if hes gonna die anyway?
>>
File: sk8.jpg (43 KB, 645x898)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>11054602
funny joke, retard-kun. you got the whole squad laughing. however, you forgot to record yourself gargling a 12-gauge after posting, so i can only give you a 3/10.
>>
>>11054813
This game has over 200 easter eggs, one of which was only discovered in the last 10 years. Sounds like the jokes on you.

>whats the actual point in letting the player control kain if hes gonna die anyway?
Unfinished cutscene, or something more metatextual?
>>
>>11054813
>whats the actual point in letting the player control kain if hes gonna die anyway?
Kain is destined to die and take his role as that of Balanced Guardian, so no matter what he does, his fate is sealed, the one time he does have a choice is at the ending.
>>
>>11054860
or the jokes not on me cus im not wasting my time with this game
>>
>>11054771
man if only someone had told you.
>>
>>11054813
much as kain was always destined to be the balance guardian, you were always destined to be a faggot.
>>
I remember being really confused about the timeline back when I first played this. Maybe I was just a dumb kid though. But it seemed like Vorador wrecking the Circle, Malek getting his soul torn out, Ariel's murder, and Kain's murder were all happening roughly around the same time. Not separated by centuries or maybe millenia. I don't remember if the game ever actually explained either.
>>
>>11055159
It's a little clunky with how it presents some details. I still think it's the best story in the series though. SR2 and Defiance mostly suck.
>>
>>11054813
>what a missed opportunity to make two games instead of one and the second game be really boring
>I don't want to be a vampire in this game about being a vampire

Sorry OP, you are retarded.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCZXvblpNSM
>>
>>11055164
I love how SR1 despite its shortcomings, the older I get though the more I dislike SR2, I actually think the writing is pretty bad in that one.
>>
>>11055063
How was he supposed to know?!
>>
>>11055065
kek
>>
>>11054602
Doubt it
You can start your reasearch here
https://web.archive.org/web/20061105131340/http://www.thelostworlds.net/BO1.HTML
>>11055159
Vorador wrecks circle
Malek is punished for failure
Ariel is murdered as Kain is born making him her heir in circle
Kain is murdered
Mortanius puts Janos's black heart into Kain
>>
>>11056418
Roughly 30 years pass between Ariel being murdered and the start (the section OP is a faggot about) of BO1.
>>
>>11056064
>the older I get though the more I dislike SR2, I actually think the writing is pretty bad in that one.
Agreed. It went off the rails in a bad way.
>>
VAE VICTIS!!
>>
>>11057734
why does latin exist in nosgoth and why does kain mispronounce his own family creed?
>>
>>11057737
Because it's a cool phrase and the dev team probably didn't look too deeply into how it's pronounced.
Also Kain is so full of himself that he'd mispronounce shit but still be absolutely certain he's doing it the correct way.
>>
File: nupraptor's head.png (165 KB, 384x186)
165 KB
165 KB PNG
>>11056064
>>11057734
>Alas, poor Nuprator, I knew him well...well not really.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.