[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 2964_gr.jpg (60 KB, 700x700)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
picked up this chink cart for 15 canadian dollars and damn I am impressed.
>>
>despite being chinkshit it feels solid and well built.
>doesnt play enhancement chip games of course but I already own all the good ones
>SD card came loaded with regular rom from each region and well organized too
>Impressed by the rom organization especially from a chink product a few ones in the wrong folders because they were missing letters like Hagane was agane easy to spot and fix though cause they dont start with capitals.
>doesnt offer savestates which I don't care for anyway I like playing the games as they were intended
Fuck I should have got one of these sooner. These are actually the 800in1 carts I went with OP image cause I liked the label on it best and the see through grey sfc cart. Dunno how people can shell out hundreds to that jew krikzz when the chinks are producing shit this good. Biggest complaint is B is confirm and A is back in the menus that fucks with me hard otherwise its perfect
>>
File: 20240629_020603.jpg (1.66 MB, 4032x3024)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB JPG
Will fit in an unmodified SNES as it has the slots in the back for the plastic tabs although I ripped those out a long ass time ago. Yes my console is on the floor I use an SFC controller with that pathetic cord so I need it close
>>
>>11056230
It's literally a clone of Krikzz's board you fucking mong
>thinks everyone is Jewish
Neck yourself faggot
>>
>>11056230
These clones are based on ancient Everdrive boards from the early 2010s. Back when they still used flash memory instead of PSRAM.
>>
>>11056326
>Back when they still used flash memory instead of PSRAM
Is that good or bad?
>>
>>11056367
Flash memory is much slower to write to and has a limited number of times it can be written to. If the chip is high quality then it'll be 100,000+ but obviously milage will vary between chips. PSRAM is superior in every way but costs more, hence all the Chinese clones use the old model with the lowest quality flash chips they can find.
>>
>>11056216
I bought a piece of shit $20 chink Mega Drive flash cart and it was shit, it came with an encrypted SD card and random features on it would just stop working. I threw it away
I have a chinese SD2SNES and a GDEMU clone though and they've worked great for over a year
>>
>>11056405
The MD ED clones are so insanely cheap that they are kind of a crap shoot.
>>
>>11056216
Can it play Star Fox and Mega Man X3?
>>
>>11056759
can the original everdrive??
>>
>>11056216
I used one for a while until it started erasing and corrupting my saves.
That made me funally get a SD2SNES.
>>
>>11056772
Which chinkpacks can play the sfx and capcom carts?
>>
>>11056303
you first hohol
>>
>>11056759
no. no enhancement chip games just normal roms. i already own those so i didnt care
>>
>>11056838
The SD2SNES / FXPAK PRO are open source and have chinese versions available, those support chip-enhanced games.
>>
>>11056772
I don't know, this says super everdrive and if it's some random thing from China it could really be anything.
>>
>>11057627
some of the chinese ones can play DSP games, they will say DSP on the label and cost more than 15 bucks. Im not sure about the other chips as I didnt really look I just wanted something to play regular roms. I own starfox, mario rpg, and hyper dimension so I didnt look for anything with superfx capability
>>
Any carts with Super FX support?
>>
>>11057881
see >>11056957
>>
File: snes-doom-uv1.webm (3.87 MB, 640x348)
3.87 MB
3.87 MB WEBM
>>11057881
love me chink shit
simple as
>>
File: Chinese_retro_gaming.jpg (1.79 MB, 2016x1512)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB JPG
>>11056216
That's a great price. At one of my old workplaces, I had to get a Chinese co-worker have her family order these from Taoboa, which is a communist Amazon unavailable to the outside, for me. Even going through the bootleg source they cost more than what you paid. Even worse, the SD2SNES is a revision F board, which cannot play those MSU-1 games without a mod which I've struggled to find someone to do. That's the problem with Chinese bootlegs, as they will cheap out in some way to scam foreigners that is ultimately damaging and not worth the price.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.