[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: NewCanvas11.png (409 KB, 1280x720)
409 KB
409 KB PNG
No one talks about this game ever.

... Why?
>>
I never played it but i liked kung fu heroes on the NES even if its a little janky
>>
is shit
>>
I talked about it
>>
File: Super Chinese 3.png (133 KB, 768x1200)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
>>
File: Super Ninja Boy.png (201 KB, 768x1195)
201 KB
201 KB PNG
>>
>>11056921
>>11056925
There were sequels??
>>
File: file.png (7 KB, 256x224)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
my favourite mario game
>>
>>11056886
Why did they use Wipe Out as the main BGM? Is there some kind of surfing tie-in that I missed?
>>
>>11056921

Woah, this looks cool.
>>
I love Culture Brain. They were so weird and (sort of, mostly) good.
>>
>>11057203
i have no idea but i loved it as a kid because beach boys was my favorite band lol
>>
>>11057371
Agreed, I've said it before here that Culture Brain games always felt like they were from a slightly different alternate universe or something where you can't remember if it was an actual experience or just a dream. I've never been able to pinpoint why this is though.
>>
Coincidentally I just bought Hiryƫ no Ken II: Dragon no Tsubasa (by Culture Brain) for Famicom on eBay. I did this because the seller was offering a big discount to anybody who ordered four items at once and that was the cheapest fourth game I could find that I thought I would actually play (because it's Culture Brain and is therefore guaranteed to at least be interesting).

I haven't tried it yet. Wikipedia says that it was heavily reworked and melded together with its own sequel during localization as the NES game Flying Warriors, which I had not known until just now. I guess I'll have to try that one after I get around to playing this one, to see what fine points of the game Culture Brain thought deserved updating.
>>
>>11058310
For whatever reason, Culture Brain would regularly update and refine their releases during the localization process. I can't imagine they were a particularly wealthy company, so I'm not sure why they put in extra effort when they brought their games to the west.
>>
>>11056883
I haven't played enough of it to talk about it.
For what little Ninja Brothers I did play though, I want to play it at some point.
>>
I've played a few Culture Brain games and while I can appreciate the unique ideas they were going for, the choppy animation in a lot of the games just kills me. I know it's kind of a moot point in 2024 but a lengthy RPG quest with 30 character passwords can get fucked.
>>
Obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DRelqlu2No&t=2m58s
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (25 KB, 480x360)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>11056987
how many "mario ninja" bootlegs even exist on the nes
>>
This game to me is like the reverse of River City Ransom, the latter being a beat em up with rpg elements while the former is an rpg with beat em up elements (maybe more so the Super Famicom versions but still). I love both personally but I can see how RCR had more widespread appeal given the way it combined those two genres compared to LNB.
>>
>>11060661
They moved even closer to RCR starting with Super Chinese 3 and its sidescrolling beat em up action

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.