[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1715297508068.png (3.9 MB, 5120x3840)
3.9 MB
3.9 MB PNG
Whats the best version of spider man 2000?
The PS1, N64, Dreamcast or PC version?
>>
>>11057165
dreamcast
>>
PSX
Look at the water in other versions, they literally have no soul.
>>
>>11057165
PS1 is the only console could do those proper penumbra shadows. I wonder if it's some sort of additive blending trick.
>>
Copy-pastan what I had to say on the topic in a similar thread a couple months ago:
>It's worth noting that the PS1 version is the original version, and the only version developed by Neversoft themselves. All the other versions are ports of the PS1 version made by other devs. Same for the PS1 THPS games. NS only started handling ports themselves with THPS3. (not counting last gen, handheld, and PC versions)
>So if you want to play As The Developers Originally Intended(TM), go for the PS1 version.
>>
>>11057165
Its always the one I played as a kid, so the PS1 version.
>>
PC and Dreamcast are the same. PC is best but it has a bit of a tendency to crash
>>
>>11057259
but THPS is fucking awesome on the Dreamcast
>>
PS1
5th gen graphics is not meant for high resolution
N64 is a disgusting console tho
>>
>>11057505
>5th gen graphics is not meant for high resolution
consolelet cope
>>
>>11057547
He's right. The shitty low resolution legitimately gives games a much more distinct and charming style, intentionally or not.
>>
>>11057547
By the 5th gen, that term doesn't even apply to computers though, because by then it was all IBM compatible DOS/Windows. Obviously some people still used Amigas and stuff but the market had been well and truly dominated at that point.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (70 KB, 500x753)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>11057165
Dreamcast or PC.

I don't even say that due to the upgraded looks, it's because 100% completion is much better, as the PS1/N64 versions have a costume, the Quick-Change one, locked behind getting 10.000 points in one of the many training modes... but it's very difficult, downright impossible, it took me years of attempts to do it once... on Dreamcast and PC it's 7.500 points... hard, but a lot more possible.
>>
>>11058017
>grind
>completion
Just beat the game and move on dude
>>
>>11057165
You literally make these spiderman threads every week
>>
>>11057165
How in the fuck did N64 have the better shadows
>>
>>11058071
because it's rendering far less, lol
>>
>>11057165
The low draw distance in N64 games always gave them a much creepier atmosphere. They spooked me as a kid since I couldn't see where to go or if a pit would lead to death or not. So for that reason, the N64 version wins.
>>
>>11057505
>N64 is a disgusting console
based
>>
>>11057317
>PC and Dreamcast are the same. PC is best but it has a bit of a tendency to crash
Then it isn't the best, moron.
>>
I vaguely recall hearing about an issue on the DC version, any Spider-Man 2000 expert can chime in? No, it's not about that one mission with incredibly tight timing.
>>
>>11057551
okay consolelet

>>11058252
but it is
>>
enter electro is better.
>>
>>11057165
You tell me
>>
>>11058071
The absolute power of sixty four bits
>>11058127
It's called "atmosphere"
>>
>>11057165
The PS1 or Dreamcast versions depending on your aesthetic preferences. The former has a more classic and consistent artstyle with vibrant colors, the latter has a better polygon count and textures. Characters like Venom or Black Cat look uncanny on PS1 and are significantly improved on Dreamcast, while Spidey’s costume webbing arguably looks worse. The N64 and PC versions are both technically inferior.
>>
>>11058017
EEL NATS
>>
>>11058604
PC is the same Dreamcast retard
>>
>>11057165
one without z buffer
>>
aside from black cat and maryjane not looking like they syndromes(which is admittedly a significant upgrade) I'd say the dreamcast/pc aesthetic is mostly an eye sore. the webbing added to spiderman does not look good at all.
>>
>>11057165
I grew up play the N64 version and have fond memories of it being one of the best games I ever played as a kid. Some people say that's the worst version so pick any of them and just play the fucking game.
>>
>>11058462
Based.

I wouldn't necessarily call it better, but it really wasn't much worse either, like most people say. It's got more detailed graphics, an OST that isn't as iconic, but still superb and goes for this darker atmosphere which I think works well, everything has this moody vibe to it. I also appreciate stuff like more combos, a lock-on feature, a focus on stealth... it did a lot of good and I love it for it.
>>
The one you enjoy the most
>>
>>11057259
>if you want to play As The Developers Originally Intended(TM)
Who cares what they originally intended? Dreamcast is just better.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.