[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_8776.jpg (28 KB, 736x552)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
When are we going to see clone consoles for disc based systems? We’ve had clones for NES SNES Genesis Gameboy and we are even seeing N64 clones. When are we seeing some PS1 or Sega CD clones?
>>
>>11057786
Polymega exists
>>
>>11057815
Something that isn’t fucking shit
>>
>>11057786
FPGA and TV boxes kind of replaced clone consoles, they were fine in the 2010's but not really necessary anymore imo
>>
>>11057820
They’re still popular enough to get companies like Analouge to keep making them and making a profit off of them
>>
>>11057786
Chinese companies have no reason to dump money into the reverse engineering and chip fabrication of those systems. Why do that when it's easier to make a little handheld that runs off of preexisting phone hardware and emulators?
>>
>>11057786
>When are we going to see clone consoles for disc based systems?
No idea. You're the limiting factor here. I actually have a PS1 clone. I'm not sure if it's any better than modern garbage like the polymega, but I got it something like 15-20 years ago. But you will never see it, so "we" will never see it. As always, the "we" faggot is a colossal faggot
>>11057820
"FPGA" are literally "clone consoles"
>>
>>11057815
That's not a clone, not even hardware emulation. It's a software emulation box, lol. You can buy a mini PC for much less and have the exact same effect.
>>
>>11057820
I had a TV box like 8 years ago and it was nice even back then. I mostly used it for best and YouTube. I can be only imagine how awesome they are now... Then again chinkhelds are just now surpassing the gp wiz/cannoo in terms of capabilities, so idk.
>>
>>11058171
Nes**
>>
>>11057786
couple of weeks from now - specifically, July 16th (at 7 PM UTC)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.