[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: maxresdefault.jpg (318 KB, 1280x720)
318 KB
318 KB JPG
Do you think it's possible for the Saturn version of Symphony of the Night to be better looking than the PS1 version or would that require a complete overhaul?
>>
The double tap running singlehandely already makes it better.
>>
>>11058421
>gets it after richter when the inverted castle layout makes it less useful anyway
>also fucks up your spells
that said the infinite wing smash is pretty nice, even if you technically can do that in the ps1 version with good timing
>>
>>11058417
I think it's possible for people to be fond of the Sega Saturn without being really weird and obsessive about it, but every day /vr/ proves me wrong.
>>
>>11058679
Obviously I meant as in modding it.
>>
>>11058417
No, without a proper 256 pixel wide resolution it'll always look like shit with pre-scaled assets. Even with a complete overhaul to better make use of the Saturn's quirts like its 2 VDPs there would probably still be issues with things like transparency effects.
>>
>>11058417
The real issue with the Saturn version is the atrocious slowdown.
>>
>>11058867
This and the loading screens in areas like the royal chapel.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.