[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: dq2.jpg (1.05 MB, 2400x1350)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
Got the first seal from the lighthouse, now sailing around aimlessly. Is this how you're supposed to do it (nothing wrong with that if it it is) or did I miss some major hints on where to go next
>>
>>11060252
Yes, it does feel like a real adventure, is the Tower of Druaga of Dragon Quest, also the sun crest is at the shrine south east of the world, look at the northeastern corner of the shrine to find it telling you this one cuz it is almost imposible to find without a guide.
>>
I wrote down pretty much everything everyone said. And by that I mean I took pictures with my phone. But honestly I got bored too and didn't feel bad looking up some hints. And I would be like "oh yeah I remember that now, glad I looked it up." The game was pretty tedious after you get the boat. Don't care what anyone says, having a big fucking ocean and world to explore combined with dq random encounters is a truly horrible mixture. That said, still had good times along with the shit times.
>>
>>
Was messing around with DQ2 and a walk through walls cheat. Turns out the levels of caves/dungeons are all on the same map, just blacked out like another room. Also, if you walk outside the walls on the upper floors of a town/castle, you will be teleported elsewhere. I stepped onto the roof of the starting castle, and ended up in Moonbrook castle. Finally, the in-accessible chests in most stores are completely empty.
>>
>>11060252
The search for the crests in Dragon Quest II is infamously one of the most obtuse parts of the entire series.
By all means, do your best to find them without help, but if you do end up needing to resort to outside hints or even a straight up guide, don't feel too bad.
If my memory is correct I found two of them by myself. I'm pretty sure three or four is reasonably possible. Finding all five has got to be one of the big "I am a Dragon Quest Master" flexes.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.