[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: alice.jpg (1.38 MB, 1920x1080)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB JPG
Very odd individuals from an undisclosed website desperately want to get their hands on this game's early build. One of them is even willing to pay 2k for it. But why? Is it sound libraries or something else?
>>
>>11061084
Sup 2ch
>>
>>11061084
Hmmm? Is someone selling an Alice prototype?

The game's demo is an earlier build and has some obvious differences, like the intro cutscene being an actual 3D cutscene instead of an FMV clip.
>>
>>11061084
yeah, heard some retards are desperately trying to find it rn. Who knows why?
>>
I bet it's some netstalking bullshit.
>>
>>11061107
A netstalking CTF maybe? netstalking challenge? that makes much more sense now лyл
>>
>>11061108
You give them too much credit.
I mean I imagine it like this - some shitface on some "secret" netstalking channel started a rumor that early build of this game contains some cursed file that kills or makes you hallucinate, or something along this lines. And now impressionable degenerates spam forums.
For clarity I don't really know, it's just my theory.
>>
>>11061084
https://973-eht-namuh-973.com/

any connection to this website?
>>
>>11061136
is this some random ARG or have you found a related text string there
>>
>>11061136
You literally just googled what is netstalking and copied the first thing you found?
>>
>>11061084
I have it but they must suck me off first and treat me to a night at burger king
>>
>>11061145
can you go back to
>>11061087
>>
File: acacac.png (272 KB, 873x522)
272 KB
272 KB PNG
>>11061136
????
>>
op i em real amerikan makgi i will give you bild tomorrow after matushka give eats
>>
File: A_Contre_Courant.jpg (2.61 MB, 4032x3024)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB JPG
>>11061084
I am guessing it is meaningful to someone. I was also charmed by its box art which drew me to the game. Maybe a peek under the hood of the Quake 3 engine for preservation. While I don't have 2k to spare, I wouldn't mind playing around in the early build as well, since I did have a bit of disappointment when I got Doom v1.1 and it didn't match the early build screenshot I saw that got me to register before the game's release. Only later did I get a torrent of the prototypes of Doom that I did get to try out the Doom that got me interested, and I did get some excitement of my original hype again. I would like the game and its early builds to be preserved.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.