[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

What would a Virtual Boy Zelda have been like? What gimmicks would it use? Personally I think they would have used the second dpad to select items like you use the c buttons in the n64 zelda titles, and you would have jumped from floor to floor like half the titles on the virtual boy had you do.
>>
>>11062212
screw that noise what about a virtual boy metroid? imagine aiming and shooting independently using the 2 dpads, l and r being used for movement now and a/b start/select for items and menus
>>
use of the 3rd dimension, obviously. alttp already had the 2-floor mechanic so it would have to be more than that. probably the ability to look upwards and use items upwards, such as hitting switches from below with the boomerang, traveling upwards with the hookshot, shooting arrows at flying enemies, etc. and maybe as well have a ramp type tile that will launch objects or link upwards if they hit it while moving, so link could use it to jump with the pegasus boots, and maybe have bombs shove objects, so you can launch an object to a higher floor by pushing it onto a ramp then dropping a bomb next to it.

and of course, each boss will have a 3d gimmick, such as where the boss jumps on top of you, and you have to shoot it from below just before dodging out of the way. and another where the boss is below and launches bombs up onto the platform which you have to pick up and throw back down at it. and another where a worm/snake boss is zooming around and you need to hide on another floor to avoid it.
>>
>>11062287
That sounds incredibly based. I can totally see Gohma climbing around above you or some type of flying whale going from underneath you in the water to above you flying. The ramps seem like such an organic gimmick. That's sick.
>>
>>11062287
I could see a boss where you stand on its back and it (idk it's a crab or something) has claws above you that you have to get it to crack its own shell or something, that woulf be sick with the 3d gimmick
>>
I never realized how bizarre the virtual boy controller was just now. Not just the 2 dpads, but the grips, and the weird l and r buttons, too. Has anyone here actually held one before? Is it comfortable?
>>
>>11062251
This is a much better idea, dark dim miserable colors would match the atmosphere of Metroid and 95/96 would have been a good time to feed off the success of Super.
>>
File: RapeLay64.jpg (46 KB, 706x1007)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>11066331
missed opportunities.
>>
File: metroid_vb_2.png (10 KB, 384x224)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>11062251
>>11066331
https://www.virtual-boy.com/forums/t/metroid-vb/
>>
>>11066860
wtf I didn't know the modding scene was this advanced for the vb

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.