[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Memory_Match_Cabinet.jpg (27 KB, 258x300)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
Did you play arcade games at Chuck E. Cheese?
Are you old enough to remember playing arcade games at Showbiz Pizza?
All the ones near me had the TMNT arcade game which would get all my quarters for what seemed like years.
>>
I played the fuck out of this game where you shot balls from a tube you could aim at holes. The game had fighter planes as the "targets". I got really good at it, getting fuckloads of tickets.
I swear it was called "Top Gun" like the movie but I can't find any pictures of it.
>>
>>11064837
>Did you play arcade games at Chuck E. Cheese?
yes
>>11064837
>Are you old enough to remember playing arcade games at Showbiz Pizza?
yes
>>11064837
>All the ones near me had the TMNT arcade game which would get all my quarters for what seemed like years.
tmnt is the only game i even remember, aside from the ticket games like skee-ball.
>>
>>11064837
All of mine had TMNT until one was remodeled and for some reason replaced it with the Taito Superman game, which isn't bad at all...but it's not TMNT.
I remember the very last time I ever went as a kid they had the Sega Jurassic Park game with the moving seat, which was really fun to play.
>>
I never went to Chuck E. Cheese but living in suburban New York we had tons of independent Arcade/Pizza/Lazer Shot places to go to that I definitely remember fondly.
>>
I remember playing the matching game in the OP pic. My local one actually had that Sonic fighting game.
OT but have you ever looked up the Showbiz Pizza fandom? There are guys who buy old animatronics and reprogram them to play different songs, there's meetups where fans watch taped shows from Showbiz. The guy who made the Showbiz animatronics was some wunderkind who had a hot bimbo wife. I guess he's a bit of a lolcow now.
>>
>>11064837
i preferred skee ball and that stupid game that spun around and gave you tickets
>>
>>11064837
i went to a local competitor called Circus Pizza
>>
>>11065510
Ours was Circus Playhouse, which may be the same thing as I'm reading they tried rebranding as Circus World Pizza at a later date
>>
File: 1371097007953.jpg (398 KB, 1063x1600)
398 KB
398 KB JPG
>the only one local to me was conveniently located right next to an abortion clinic

I wish I was making that up. I played some games there. I mostly remember Turtles In Time and Simpsons: Cupcake Contest (which seems to be largely forgotten about)
>>
>>11065956
I've never seen this Simpsons game. What do you do? Just mash the button as quickly as possible?
>>
>>11065983
Lisa drops balls (cupcakes) and you have to make sure that Homer/Bart's mouths are open when the balls slide down
>>
The Bucky ohare arcade game
>>
>>11064837
>Are you old enough to remember playing arcade games in a specific location?
That's not the way time works
>>
I was absolutely a Ticketfag
If a game didn't have tickets (which a lot of the retro arcade games did not) I was not interested. I needed to conserve and get best value for my tokens
Which thinking about is a lot of traits I carried onto adulthood
>>
>>11067032
I remember before they had a machine that you could feed tickets into, they used to have a scale. I remember kids bringing in garbage bags full of tickets to weigh. I don't think I ever got anything more than an eraser or a stick of gum.
>>
>>11064837
I mainly focused on the slot machines. Won $300 once.
>>
>>11065956
damn i remember this
>>
>>11064837
>Did you play arcade games at Chuck E. Cheese?
Yes

>Are you old enough to remember playing arcade games at Showbiz Pizza?
Vaguely but I didn't have one near me.

>All the ones near me had the TMNT arcade game which would get all my quarters for what seemed like years.
Yeah I remember TMNT, Simpsons, and X-men being popular. Had a 6 player X-men near where I lived.
>>
I liked going to Showbiz and later, Chuck E Cheese but I was fucking terrified of the animatronics and would just stay in the game room and even close my eyes to avoid looking at them.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.