[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1719273731821139.png (239 KB, 862x619)
239 KB
239 KB PNG
You HAVE unlocked all the special attack sequences on Neon Genesis Evangelion 64. Right, /vr/?
>>
Nobody played this meme shit.
>>
File: 112296.gif (1.96 MB, 390x277)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB GIF
>>11066156
lol go back zoomer
>>
I keep getting graphical glitches with retroarch. Halp
>>
This game sucks. Every EVA game sucks. Stop shilling garbage.
>>
>>11067559
Rebuild of Evangelion 3rd impact for PSP is cool. Developed by Grasshopper Manufacture, scored by Akira Yamaoka.
>>
>>11066162
no, he's right
i never once even so much as heard of the Evangelion game as a kid who sperged out for the n64 with friends who did same
>>
>>11067813
>i didnt hear of it as a kid (because it never got released internationally) so it doesnt belong on /vr/
this board in a nutshell
>>
I didn't get past the second fight. I started focussing on the shooting range, but the apparent lack of S rank disappointed me and I haven't returned.
>>
>>11067951
nobody said anything about whether it belongs here or not
>>
>>11066156
It's not meme shit. It's just not in English
>>
>>11067969
Go back.
>>
>>11067983
I accept your concession.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 260x194)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
Game is unironically too hard. By pure luck I somehow have a save file past level one, but I'm too intimidated to try again at level two. I don't know nip so I couldn't figure out the controls anyway or understand what's going on so I'm waiting for a patch. The training is also somehow insanely hard and even despite my best efforts I get an F grade. The game looks beautiful for N64 but controls lile fucking SHIT.
>>
>>11068032
>Too hard
I think they intentionally reduced the responsiveness to make you feel like you can't control the Eva, much like Shinji's experience. I wonder if the controllability improves in later missions. One thing I really liked, which was unexpected for me, a lot of digital samples of the music from the show.
>>
>>11068032
BTW, it wasn't too hard to get A rank with practice but I didn't fully max the score. It's cool that you get a different character reaction for each rank.
>>
>>11067983
give it up dude
>>
>>11067559
Because making a game out of Evangelion is fucking stupid but since it's an immensely popular anime they had to do it
>>
>>11068519
>Because making a game out of Evangelion is fucking stupid but since it's an immensely popular anime they had to do it
No it's not, they could have just made a pretty cool scrolling beat'em up (eg. a belt scroller). Except those weren't very popular at the time and they take a fair bit of effort to create. Back in the NES days they just made fun 2d platformers and slapped the licenses on them... no reason why this practice couldn't continue, but making a decent 3d platformer would have required a huge amount of effort. If Eva had come out during the NES or SNES era then we could have gotten a nice 2d game out of it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.