[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: WizardryLS_title.png (95 KB, 640x480)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
Have always had an interesting in these games. I tend to start series by playing in order. What's the best way to play through the first games? Is it worth seeing where it all began on the Apple II or are the QOL changes in PS1 and similar version that essential?
>>
>>11067459
Im super curious of the new wizardry port, itd be my first chance to try yhe series. I already like dungeon crawlers so like i said, really curious about wizardry.
>>
I've only played the NES/Famicom versions but I've heard good things about the PSX version. Most versions, even Japan only, have the option to be played in English .
>>
PSX version is best unless you're a turbo autist who insists that automaps and being able to reload previous saves is cheating. The games are still challenging even without the pure masochism of OG Wizardry.
>>
Wasn't there a way to play every single Wizadry game modded into one of the later ones or am I thinking of a different series?
>>
>>11067459
Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land and the sequel which is still untranslated called Busin 0: Wizardry Alternative Neo. Those are peak.
>>
>>11067459
Play the original for an hour or two first, then give the remake a try and see if you want to switch to it or not. In the case of Wizardry 1 I'd say you're probably playing the game for historic value so skipping the ones with the actual historic value is a bit silly.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.