[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1700310645013542.jpg (26 KB, 496x434)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>top /vr/ composer of all time
>lent his efforts exclusively to trash shovelware for his entire career
wtf was his problem?
>>
>>11068082
He was a loyal employee of his company, Software Creations, where both of his brothers (Geoff and Mike, not a composer) also worked. He did not leave Software Creations until around 1994, when he worked on Time Trux and Ultraverse Prime for Malibu Software. He did manage to gain some independent gigs later in his career, most notably Ecco the Dolphin for Dreamcast, but by that point he was already losing interest in a composer career.
>>
>>11068082
He worked for Western "games". Imagine if he could've been hired by some Japanese projects instead.
>>
>>11068110
>Ultraverse prime
Is it really that bad? I see it every so often when skimming the Sega CD library and the name always catches my eye
>>
>>11068082

The world will never again witness such nuclear autism applied to chiptunes. He came and went, but when he left the industry he slammed the door so hard as to shake the foundations of the universe
>>
His NES Pictionary tracks are computers as fuck, yo.
https://www.zophar.net/music/nintendo-nes-nsf/pictionary
>>
>>11068515
I prefer to think that he left to seal his own chiptune powers for good, so the said universe wouldn't shatter apart from another banger.

Gigachad of retro tunes, really sad that he lost a brother.
>>
>>11068082
he was getting paid weekly and had reasonable job security, a rare thing in the 1980s / 90s game industry in the UK
>>
>shovelware
Solstice is great. Too hard for zoomies, though.
>>
England
>>
>>11068879
Rob Hubbard did manage to escape England though.
>>
File: a-waizu.png (471 KB, 692x382)
471 KB
471 KB PNG
>>11068879
>>11069035
makes no sense when David Wise exists
>>
>>11069035
I wonder if anyone out of the US ever tried to poach him but he was too brothered up.
>>
>>11068082
>>top /vr/ composer of all time
not even in the top 20.

>>11068110
geoff was a composer, retard faggot.

>>11068834
>he was getting paid weekly and had reasonable job security
not how it worked.

>>11069075
they poached far better musicians such as rob hubbard and martin galway.
>>
>>11069079
>geoff was a composer
Mike Follin wasn't a composer. Learn to read.
>>
File: EquinoxSNES_boxart.jpg (19 KB, 387x257)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
Equinox is decent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw201BTmlSk
>>
>>11069082
>Learn to read.
>"(Geoff and Mike, not a composer) "
> geoff and mike
> not a composer
>Learn to read.
it's no wonder this board has become a home for lolcows of the retro gaming world.
>>
>>11069079
>not how it worked.
Yes, it is. Do you want to elaborate on this or are you gonna keep making vague responses while implying you’re super smart.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.