[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: fuckingneon.jpg (30 KB, 600x315)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
Welcome to THE GARAGE, a thread where fans of racing vidya can discuss their favorite arcade, sim, kart, and any other kinds of racing games (this is /vr/, so any PC/6th gen game up to 2007 goes!). If you’re looking for something new to play or are new to the genre ask other Anons for recommendations and remember to gear up and have fun.
>>
Ridge Racer Type 4's soundtrack
>>
>>11081509
THERE'S NO OST I'D RATHER HEAR
>>
this game is pretty cool
>>
>>11082883
the overclocked ps1 version @ 60 fps and analog accel/brakes is a god tier racing experience
also been having a lot of fun with the NFS2 pc version + silent patch
>>
How's NFSIISE?
>>
>>11083054
Best version of the game overall, even with giving up the cockpit view. If going that route make sure to get verok's patch from pcgamingwiki.

>>11082883
I need to try that rom hack version that has everything unlocked from all regions - championship edition or something? As other anon says though you need to overclock the cpu to hold performance.
>>
>>
File: 1494454278016.jpg (42 KB, 328x347)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
I beat Gran Turismo 4's driving mission 34 and only kinda cheated
>>
I must be one of three people that actually played this.
>>
>>11084158
Honestly it's absurd how much easier it is with a wheel. The SLR just snaps on a controller
>>
>>11084193
I did it with a dual shock and won by a whopping 0.020 seconds
>>
>>11084197
How many times did you suffer the 2 minute wait?
>>
>>11084202
I spent about 90 minutes a night for 3 nights trying it, whenever the wait started I just went to the bathroom or watered my plants, I realized that if I got tense at all I started over-driving and making errors, so I spent it always just trying to relax
>>
>>11084158
you kinda have to cheat to beat that one
>>
File: EAAs_2-.png (763 KB, 800x800)
763 KB
763 KB PNG
>two touge racers on xbox
>neither supports custom soundtracks to listen to some eurobeat
>>
>>11084465
>eurobeat
Get a real personality
>>
NO ESCAPE
>>
>>11084465
Xbox has touge racers?
>>
File: touger.png (409 KB, 354x503)
409 KB
409 KB PNG
>>11085304
Touge R, and NFS Carbon i guess
>>
File: Dolphin cove reverse.webm (2.1 MB, 640x360)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB WEBM
>>
>>11084470
what if i just genuinely enjoy eurobeat from a non-meme perspective? fast paced music goes great with driving games, thats WHY it was chosen for initial d in the first place, sega touring car championship also had eurobeat 2 years before initial d got an anime. not everyone is the strawman in your head
>>
Perhaps a strange request but does anyone have a pcsx2 save for NFS HP2 USA that has everything unlocked? I saw the pcsx2 blogpost about version 2.0 and decided to dust off and update my install and it seems my save has vanished and as fun as the game is it is still a slog to unlock everything.
>>
Beep
>>
>>11088460
Beep
>>
>>11088460
>>11090521
motherfucker
>>
For me, its 1nsane for PC.
Im not normally a big fan of driving games, but for me this one will probably forever be one of, if not THE best driving game of all time.
Many vehicles, many maps that loop endlessly, map generator, many different types of gameplay, day/morning/night time, fun if sometimes samey soundtrack(menu theme still gives me chills), perfect balance between arcade and realistic.
Did anyone here played it?
I know that it got a sequel and maybe even third game, but from what I seen on videos and screenshots(did not play), it does not have the spirit of the first one.
>>
>>11090947
>Did anyone here played it?
Yes (also yes I know, wiiiiide) and while it goes for a semi-sim approach I cannot but feel the game plays like the knock off version of smuggler's run.
>>
>>11090530
A Destruction Derby 2-3 decomp project would be max fun. Just imagine 30 real life human players in tehre ?

I found the best strategy is to do laps avoiding everyone by going backwards first until they hit red. Then turn around and do forward laps. By this time half the NPC cars are dead, so you pick off the stragglers.
>>
>>11090947
The way the suspension is animated in insane (heh) for it's age, really wish I could take a look at some of the code for this or terep.
>>
>>11090991
DD2 and DD RAW have been attempted to be converted using Carmageddon 2. DD2 was completed about 15 years ago - https://www.cwaboard.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7997 - and the RAW mod is still ongoing: https://cwaboard.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2203
>>
>>11091001
We come full circle as the DD mod for wreckfest uses the track data from carmageddon lel.
>>
File: IMG20221119093743.jpg (768 KB, 1943x1459)
768 KB
768 KB JPG
Can anyone stop the mechanical mayhem? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmVgwSymtso
>>
>>11081495
>so any PC/6th gen game up to 2007 goes!
Gonna bring a late one to the thread then.
I've been slowly going through NFS: Carbon yet another time. Thing is, I never played any NFS after Undercover, but among the NFS I did play, Carbon has the wildest muscle car customization.
The game can be completed in one evening, but I've been taking time revamping my muscles, and this time around I decided to make custom textures for at least half of them, so it's gonna take some time.
>>
I love some comfy driving (not inherently racing) and given that is the main schtick of early NFS I think I should set aside some time to do a "world tour" as it were of the first 6 games. Basic idea is to do a few laps on each track (or at least one run of the point-to-point courses) in each game using whatever car takes my fancy. Probably would take a couple hours and should be some low intensity fun.
>>
Where's GT4 bro at?
>>
>>11091045
COLLISION IS CERTAIN
COLLISION IS CERTAIN
COLLISION COLLISION
>>
>>11092121
Put a spoiler warning on that, Jesus Christ
Didn't remember you could chop the roof. Some of it carried into Prostreet, along with some extra muscle cars.
>>
>>11092302
sounds like a solid game night anon. each game does a few things you'll like so going thru them and seeing them evolve will be pretty cool. have a good time
>>
File: 2024-07-16_005409.png (1.96 MB, 1920x1080)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB PNG
>>11092568
Ha, yea, I like putting huge spoilers on some of the muscles in Carbon. Remind me of aero warriors, in a way, and with a twist.
Frankly, I remember only two extra muscles in ProStreet from the top of my head: the new edge Mustang and the '65 GTO. If anything, they took a Monaro out - which is OK, I guess, since Monaro and GTO of that era are one and the same, and the game is really no Gran Turismo in the end of the day.
They did add some bodykits for Chevelle, Roadrunner, mid-2000's GT 500 and mid-2000's Camaro though, which was quite welcome. Mid-2000's Challenger, on another hand, for some reason has never been finished and therefore comes only in stock body in ProStreet. So ProStreet gives some and takes some.
In the end of the day though, I think it takes more than gives, since they took out all the cool superchargers and chop tops from ProStreet. As a result, the game doesn't really scratch my itch as much as Carbon does. As a matter of fact, there but three games I know of that allow you some monstrous muscle car customization, including chop tops and visible superchargers: two Midnight Clubs and Carbon. It is also really cool that you can chop tops even on modern muscles; shame you can't stick old-school looking supercharges onto them, but other than that - hardly anything else can be even wished for.
ProStreet is the only one that allows you to a wheelie in your custom muscle though, can't take that away.
Also, why the fuck my previous image is 1500x844.
>>
File: 2024-07-09_191648.png (2.88 MB, 1920x1080)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB PNG
>>11092951
>why the fuck my previous image is 1500x844.
Here's a proper one as a bump, I guess.
>>
File: NFSC_2024.07.16-12.55.jpg (1.23 MB, 3840x2160)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
Carbon would be better if it had a functioning handling model rather than a treacle baking simulator.
>>
File: NFSC_2024.07.16-13.14.jpg (1.32 MB, 3840x2160)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB JPG
I call this the Gumdrop Turbo.
>>
The handling is kinda of janky, but when you get the hang of it, it's really fun, especially by the unique car collection(and others reasons).
>>
>>11094162
>(and others reasons)
tell me more anon
>>
>>11094162
>>11094168
Seriously what am I missing!?
>>
>>11094162
Huh, I own this game, but never was much into racers so did not play it.
Anything special about it that makes in worth looking into? Beyond hoes, apparently?
>>
>>11083065
That simple sunset sky texture and lighting does things to me on a deep level.
>>
>>11094225
Driving at sunset is ALWAYS the most comfy followed by rain at night and the magic of vidya is the realities of what that would entail need not apply.
>>
>>11083065
>realistically captured F50 underskirt
based
>>
>>11090981
Knowing nothing about the game other than anon's post and that screenshot, yeah, that looks a lot like Smuggler's Run. Damn I love SM2/Warzones. The way the cars flex and bounce and fall apart is just so satisfying and felt like magic compared to other vehicular games and their sturdy, stiff cars of the time, the music is great, the Midnight Club driving physics work way better in an open hilly area all about keeping your momentum up Tribes-style than dealing with city street grids and malicious traffic, the game is difficult as hell if you go with the wrong vehicles but almost always still fun, I just wish it had more content since the campaign mode is kind of short and the unlockable North America map doesn't have ANYTHING, only freeroam. I replay it every few years and it's still a great time. MC is still dead and everyone knows it but I want a new Smuggler's Run and a proper one, not the name and heli-dropped cargo being reused in a crappy GTA Online expansion.
>>
>>11094252
2/warzones has a top tier soundtrack for no real reason. 2 (and GTAIII) were the first two games I got with my ps2 so it holds a special place in my heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vamFye99fc0&list=PL_-4sqUew-h_rdNBNoSJme9nwm6LXHizm&index=15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJmrGzWylW4&list=PL_-4sqUew-h_rdNBNoSJme9nwm6LXHizm&index=25
>>
>>11094261
The second video is the first song I think of, along with the one that goes like
ooeeooOOOOOO oooo ooooooooooooooo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySELPvwdTyo
>has a top tier soundtrack for no real reason.
Angel Studios liked that music and so that's what they used. Midnight Club 2 was only a year or two prior, IIRC, and has almost the same vibe with its soundtrack. It shouldn't fit at all with the empty third-world sandpits of Smuggler's Run but it works so well.
>>
>>11094268
Also warzones is quite a bit easier than 2 as they did a lot of balance changes for the later GC release.
>>
>>11094182
It's a challenging game, has a lot of cars you would see in Fast & Furious movies (the good ones) and it has a complex customization system.
>>
File: 1711097614990271.webm (2.46 MB, 470x360)
2.46 MB
2.46 MB WEBM
>>11094172
>>
is it possible to get ridge racer 64 working with a USB wheel? I have a logitech and I wanna turn without relying on the stick
>>
>>11094440
On hardware or emulated?
>>
File: BMW M1.png (607 KB, 1439x1005)
607 KB
607 KB PNG
>>11081495
I've been playing Enthusia Professional Racing on PCSX2 as my first sim-racer ever and after 80 hours and finally discovering the beauty of the "free racing" mode I can safely say it is one of my all time favorite games ever.
When you finally reach that point where you can feel and use every type of car and their unique strengths and weaknesses, when that happens and you feel capable of dancing around the track in anything, it's the greatest feeling in the world.
I just now started saving replays and my god is so freaking cool to watch yourself drift at 80 mph past multiple opponents.
I love unlocking any car you beat without getting a black flag too, it's 10x better than the career mode because it allows you to tap other drivers at high speeds without getting a black flag, depending on the angle. It makes the races feel just enough arcadey to be perfect.

the fact that it's still to this day one of the most realistic racing sims, second only to stuff like Beam NG and Assetto Corsa makes you feel so pro driving in it. Other racing games feel games you can solve when to brake and turn in but these it's like every single car is a whole new game waiting to be mastered. At least every new class of car. The selection in Enthusia is legendary too.
>>
File: 1000007250.jpg (77 KB, 894x635)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>11094461
I've never played GT3 or 4 but I just struggle to see how they could be better than Enthusia. they won't run smoothly on my Thinkpad like Enthusia does either. Another reason I love Enthusia, it doesn't look insanely detailed but it's good enough, the weather is nice and most importantly the surfaces are damn near perfect in how your tires ride on them including in the rain too.
I was just watching this 2000s anime Ex-Driver for the first time and it made me go out in Lancia Stratos like someone in the show does and I just felt so damn cool sliding around, passing people, pirouetting around the track. I LOVE DRIVING RACE CARS
>>
>>11094469
Enthusia generally feels better, especially in something MR and twitchy like the Stratos, but I found the car really fun to use in GT4. It slides in a very controlled way and it's really fun to just slide it through entire corners. Try it in RBR too.
>>
>>11094447
emulated, obviously

I have an everdrive but no 64 adapter
>>
>>11094461
>>11094469
Won't play it until there's a sensitivity patch for it, it's way too sensible in PCSX2.
>>
>>11094481
I found that while I had issues in third person it felt ok with a controller in first person. Are you sure there are no new options in the PCSX2 2.0 settings? they have game specific settings now.
>>
File: 2024-07-09_191603.png (2.77 MB, 1920x1080)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB PNG
>>11094182
I do not remember any complex customization system the other anon mentioned. If anything, it is pretty much japanese Underground, which came out between Underground and Underground 2. Had it come out a year earlier, before Underground 1, things could've been rather different, but history is history.
It has weird controls and yes, it gets rather challenging towards the end game. The car park is rather limited, and it tends to have the same car two-three times over, but with different engines.
In the end of the day, I think it's fine and solid for what it is. Good game, and yet - nothing truly special.
>>11090947
>>11094252
IMO, it's nothing like Smuggler's Run. If anything, 1nsane's biggest plus is it's rather unique damage system. You can repair at any moment, but the best option to play is to avoid repair until you really can't go on without it.
On bigger trucks, like humongous 8x8 Tatra, you can lose a wheel or two and still win the race. Moments like that are, well... insane.
Warzones is a fun game, but very, very different. And, frankly, I liked the first Smuggler's Run more. I like the sound of a Monster Truck engine and Radio Girl gives it a special vibe. Also, I do not think I ever saw an animal in Warzones, while in the first game you could spot a pack of wolves in the forest or a lone cougar in the desert - it was quite soulful.
Warzones do have an awesome soundtrack though, can't take that away. And "Welcome to Afghanistan" sign gave it a special charm IMO.
>>11094101
Well, it is still not as bad as some other games... Or at least that's what they say. I haven't tried neither Racing Lagoon nor US Tuned version of Auto Modellista, but they say controls there are horrific.
>>
>>11094491
Months ago when I downloaded it, there was nothing. I even tried it with steaminput and a wider analog curve but still found it unplayable.
>>
File: 1000006642.jpg (16 KB, 215x305)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>11094495
so I still haven't gotten a straight answer. is auto modellista a good game when not using the badly tuned version? and which version is badly tuned, and which one is the best version that's well tuned. I thought I heard it was the PAL version that's best or is there like a Japanese translated version? And which console, PS2 or GameCube?
I want to try it since I'm a fan of GT cube
>>
>>11094504
Can't really anser you that, since, as I said, I still haven't tried it, but when I'll go for it - I'll go for US version since I need more american cars, regardless of funky controls. Matter of fact, so far I never saw controls I really couldn't get used to.
>>
>>11094504
>GT CUBE
They were trying too hard with this shit
>>
>>11094495
Racing Lagoon has really weird physics, once you understand you need to play it like Wipeout the controls do their job, even if it lacks negcon support.
>>
File: FM2.png (113 KB, 219x300)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
Don't know if it's unpopular, but Forza hit it's peak during the second.
>>
>>11094585
XBox 360 is still not retro at this point, last time I checked : (
That being said though, I agree with you. It improved on everything that made FM1 so good, and that was the formula that made 360 Forzas awesome.
It all went downhill when they moved to One. I was very disappointed when I installed second level transmission and immediately gave me six gears, instead of 4 gears with a flexible final gear. I really like having 4 gears in my muscle cars in 360's Forzas.
>>
>>11094521
i just like the drifting in it, it's ridiculous but fun
>>
>>11094495
>>11094504
European AM has super grippy cars, but the progression system is a bit odd, and the AM shop is kinda useless. Despite being a PAL release, there's a 60 Hz option.
"US Tuned" has very slippery cars, so you have to be much more careful with your acceleration and braking. However, the progression system is slightly better, you get a select number of American cars if that matters to you, and the AM shop is actually useful and unlocked much earlier. Another weird point in favour of US Tuned is that cars have higher top speeds with maxed out tuning parts, despite lower power to weight ratios compared to the European version.
That being said, AM is so short that you could plow through both versions in a day or two.
>>
>>11094916
thanks for the info anon
>>
File: Segagt2002_title.png (337 KB, 640x480)
337 KB
337 KB PNG
Is it me or is Sega GT 2002 very grindy early on?
>>
>>11094921
Another thing I'll point out is that European AM poses no difficulty to you at all if you keep up with tuning, whereas US Tuned occasionally has souped up 'boss' cars that can put up a decent challenge. However, you usually unlock those cars after beating them.
The changes to the AM shop in US Tuned also make older/weaker cars competitive with the newer stuff that's unlocked by default. In European AM the AM shop is just a curiosity.
>>
File: midtown2_2024.07.17-00.53.png (1.08 MB, 1280x1024)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
Spoon!
>>
>>11094585
I absolutely detest the ui in the horizon games and how you cant look up them ost basic of info or stats in the game. wanna look at all the races you've made too fucking bad the ui doesnt allow you to do that. wanna race races go thru our absolutely dogshit ui menu to select races and settings and get it setup. its like they took soime retard who's never played a video game in his life and said design the entire game menus and ui for this series. its so dogshit I refuse to play the games til they get a clue and completely redo and remake their dogshit unuseable ui
>>
>>11094585
one of the best soundtracks in the series(and yes that includes the horizon games). but, to get back in the allowed years, any of you played the choro Q games?
>>
>>11098028
Currently trying to play Choro Q Works
>>
I've been playing Outrun 2006 on PC again since it has a proper fix now. Apparently you can share ghosts by just uploading the ghost00.dat file in your save games folder. Anyone have one to upload? I already topped the charts and have nothing left to do except beat my own times.
>>
>>11099465
Topped the charts? I can't even beat sega's in game times :(
>>
Nostalgia is one hell of a drug
>today it is hot in my corner of the world
>having a few beers and whatnot
>suddenly get hit by a memory
>remember playing NFS III (psx) on an equally hot as fuck day when I got the game
>get my mind blown by the fancy night time option
>ooh, weather too! So cool!
Luckily as part of my /vr/ needs I still have access to the hardware so I will rig it all up and play the game intentionally sweating my tits off just like I did all those years ago. I COULD turn on the AC or a fan or something but that wouldn't be the same.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnvYEKMucag&t=1s
I for one reject our new ray traced overlords.
>>
>>11100948
Don't even need to watch this to know that my XP rig mogs it in pure sovl
>>
>>11101353
based pedo
>>
>>11101359
?
>>
>>11101368
megalolz
>>
>>11082883
>>11083038
Last time I tried texture warping fix and precise vertices fix in High Stakes, it would cause some meshes to look worse
>>
>>11101376
Does the RTX mod remove the lostprophets decal?
>>
>>11094252
I've always been under the impression that the "Oppressor Mk II" in GTAO could be a reference to the Hover Sled bonus vehicle from the Warzones version of SR2.

Also, I guess there's 0 pics of it online, just this video of it being showcased via Dolphin since the uploader was disappointed by the lack of footage. I'd have screenshots to share if my save file with it unlocked wasn't trapped on my broken HDD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMHX0XQkVRw
>>
>>11102052
looks more like a jet moto to me...
>>
>>11096038
Fuck I need to replay it, especially with a wheel setup. Also fuck ms for making 3 Xbox exclusive, I still never got to play it and it still can't be emulated properly.
>>
>>11102157
I originally played it keyboard only on a windows ME system that ran the game at 15fps on a good day. The mission where you have to wreck the ford pickup took me hours because looking at it tanked framerate even more. Being able to run it at hundreds of fps at 4k (or above is super sampling) today always gives me a sensible chuckle.
>>
>>11102261
I only had the demo as a kid, played it through for the first time as an adult. The pickup smashing mission was the absolute worst.
>>
So who REALLY wins the race - the car, or the driver?
>>
>>11102783
The tyres.
>>
>>11102783
Depends on if the car has a competitive advantage or not. If its a slow donkey then definitely the driver.
>>
Midtown madness 2 has some surprisingly nice skyboxes.
>>
>>11102783
depends on the competition and type of car
>>
What would /vroom/'s starter pack of games be?
>>
>>11081509
Yeah, but Ridge Racer V's soundtrack
>>
>>11103494
...is ass
>>
>>11103494
V has the worst soundtrack of the entire franchise after Unbounded though
>>
How do I get better at GT4? I'm getting filtered by the license tests and actual races rarely go well for me. On real hardware witu dualshock.
>>
>>11103564
Learn the basics of driving. The license tests teach you about them. Watch the demos, read the license descriptions, and then also in the actual tests you can press R3 to bring up the racing line and braking points (only available for the B and A licenses).
>>
>>11103502
Unbounded was not a Ridge Racer, but it was otherwise an OK, enjoyable game. if you disagree - check yourself, weeb. Soundtrack-wise, Scratch Perverts' and The Crystal Method's tracks alone already elevate Unbounded higher than V.
>>
>>11103568
I genuinely didn't know about the racing line thing. I'll try that out, thank you.
>>
>>11103605
>enjoyable game
It was just a Burnout knockoff. You likely already forgot how it plays.
>>
>>11103616
Another thing I forgot, keep an eye on the gear indicator in the HUD, you'll notice that sometimes you'll have a number above it (or next to it in third person) in red. The red number specifies which gear you should face the next turn in, but even if you play auto, you can use it when it begins to flash as an indicator on when to start braking.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.16 MB, 1920x1080)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB PNG
>>11103617
>It was just a Burnout knockoff. You likely already forgot how it plays.
Yes, and it was alright for me, since by that moment I pretty much completed all other Burnouts.
If anything, I think Unbounded was even better than Dominator, because Dominator definitely did something wrong. It was the only Burnout game I dropped before getting 100%. Returned to it much later to complete it.
Unbounded on the other hand? Completed it in one breath. Even played a bit with custom track creator afterwards, since that place was the only place where you could get those special Shindo car into proper races.
>You likely already forgot how it plays.
It had weird physics. Like, focused on drift, but without the usual... I dunno, how english community even calls those, but I call those "rails". So when you started a drift, the game didn't really put your car on rails to go through and everything. No, in Unbounded it was just free-hand weird drift.
There was also that "rage" mechanic, so you couldn't crash opponents cars normally. You had to activate that rage to takedown opponents (and crash through various building to unlock shortcuts, or just destroy fuel tankers or whatever; crashing through buildings was actually about the coolest part, IMO).
That much enough?
>>
>>11103636
>without the usual
Usual for Ridge Racer series, I mean.
>>
I just finished Ridge Racer 4. What do I play next?
>>
>>11103656
Sega Rally
>>
>>11103636
Honestly, I don't really see the burnout comparison. If anything it's much more similar to Split/Second.
>>
>>11103675
Keep in mind I'm a newcommer when it comes to racing anon, so don't trick me into something difficult
>>
>>11081495
guys, there is new full translation of Sega Rally 2006 and it's glorious. The game has a full career mode and arcade mode. I can already tell I'll be playing this a lot. It runs perfect on PCSX2
>>
>>11104613
Sega rally is the perfect into difficulty for racing. Just take it slow, literally, until you get a bit of muscle memory for how the physics work.
>>
>>11106291
Thank God, I ran out of interesting PS2 rally games. Anybody tried it with a wheel yet?
>>
>>11106291
>new full translation of Sega Rally 2006 and it's glorious
...What do you need a new translation for?
>>
>>11106476
The career mode is entirely in Japanese and its interface is too overwhelming to bruteforce through blindly.
>>
>>11106514
Really? that was lazy for 2006 standards
>>
>>11106476
it translates everything. every menu, every part, you can finally do career mode!
>>
Back in my day my car games had 7 different Nissan Skylines, and that's how we liked it.
>>
>>11107005
>Back in my day my car games had 70 different Nissan Skylines, and that's how we liked it.
Based GT1 enjoyer
>>
>>11107005
>>11107027
GT1 had 13 Skyline models, plus 3 Nismos based on it.
>>
>>11102052
I can kind of see it, but it doesn't really scream Smuggler's Run like the Grenadier or Kavastov do. Ironically I looked it up and GTAO apparently did have a "Smuggler's Run" update but didn't really add anything actually shouting-out to the games, with the missions being mostly aircraft stuff and no relevant vehicles to speak of (while a different Gunrunning update added both an armed version of the very SR-esque dune buggy and a bigass half-track, albeit with an older Dodge Power Wagon front end instead of the WIDE three-seat Kavastov).
>>
File: 2024-07-23_054639.png (609 KB, 1430x1080)
609 KB
609 KB PNG
>>11103992
Me too, frankly. And not much of a Split/Second either. Unbounded was a nice game of it's own, which got slapped Ridge Racer on it for whatever reason.
Bugbear knew their job and made a nice destruction racing game. Which got a lot of flak for whatever reason. There are much worse games out there.
Speaking of which, I want to thank the anon who mentioned Supercar Street Challenge in a... previous thread, I think. The game is definitely jank, but not without its share of joy. The customization is quite fun, and I love the ability to drive a GTO concept, even if with such trashy physics.
Though, frankly, it is even kind of fun once you get used to it. And the game is as short as possible, so all the glitches and invisible walls in the middle of the track did not really have enough time to tire me out.
So yeah, enjoyable, despite all the bugs and jank. Just what I needed for a short break from my texture drawing for Carbon.
>>
>>11081495
Besides the floaty physics, downgraded engine and character sounds, unique vehicles + tracks being locked behind the PSP USB Connect feature that can't be emulated, the inability to rename your profile after you've made progress, the bizarre lack of music in multiplayer, and the clutch feature being useless for cornering despite the tutorial's recommendation; the thing I despise the most about this game I love is the default main menu song being the most annoying thing in the whole game, and it can't be disabled from the playlist like race music can. It even plays before loading your save if you turned off music altogether, so you're forced to hear the first few seconds of it on every startup. It's perhaps the only game I have to mute my TV/headphones until actual gameplay begins.
>>
>>11090530
I don't understand why nobody came out with a game similar to DD, is a perfect game to play online
>>
>>11107914
Crumple zone, wreckfest, test drive eve of destruction.
>>
>>11102261
lmao why is this literally me? I was playing this game at like 7 years old and just enjoying goin fast. The actual game was difficult and barely ran
>>
>>11099861
Really? They're pretty generous, they're all over a minute. Are you using manual transmission?
>>
>>11095686
I started to play it a few months ago, I get mad at 4th or 5th circuit/cup.
>>
Is it me or is ridge racer revolution significantly harder than the other psx titles? (I'd say the hardest in the series is 7 due to the dlc races)
>>
>>11110270
I think Rage Racer is harder. RRR you can somewhat cheese by using the R/T Ryukyu until you can unlock one of the duel cars. 13th Racing is relatively easy to unlock in RRR.
>>
>>11110310
I would wager until the 6th class rage is easier whereas RRR is more difficult due to the significantly more technical tracks and higher speed of gameplay in general.
>>
For all of the dislike GRIP gets I still think it has a better handling model than rollcage which is way too twitchy for its own good.
>>
>>11110310
Rage's drifts are so bad I kind got filtered by it.
>>
>>11110781
Luckily the best (standard) car in the game is a grip one.
>>
>>11110763
GRIP's stages are just bad. They put obstacles on the tracks like small rocks and random edges in the geometry that completely stop you if you hit them. For a game this fast, the tracks should not have obstructions.
Imagine if Wipeout had shit lying all over the racetracks. Horrendous.
>>
>>11110867
>Imagine if Wipeout had shit lying all over the racetracks
So WipEout Fusion?
>>
Can anyone confirm which version of auto modelista is actually playable? I played the euro release earlier thinking that was the fixed version and it was fucking HORRIBLE
>>
>>11106915
>it translates everything!
>0.01 seconds after booting you get some Japanese shit come up moaning about memory cards

I played this a bit a few years back and I seemed to remember the gameplay not being too bad, especially in comparison to that revo shit, but after trying it again tonight, shiiit. It's not good. Stick to 1 and 2, pretend anything after never happened
>>
>>11111074
Spoilers: all the versions are terrible
>>
File: MM2 destroy that car.webm (2.99 MB, 480x360)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB WEBM
>>11102261
>>
>>11110270
Rage Racer is the hardest one on PS1
>>
>>11111356
based as fug
>>
>>11111360
Justify yourself. RRR has the most technical tracks. R4 is easier but smoother, RR7 is smoothness+ hard.
>>
>>11110964
YES
>>
>>11111356
>Gradually hitting the car to make it stop moving
This shit just doesn't work. Didn't work in Driver either. If you gotta make a mission like this, have a high-speed chase through traffic where one nudge results in a crash and the mission ends, like in Burnout.
>>
File: MM2 River Dancing.webm (3 MB, 480x360)
3 MB
3 MB WEBM
>>11111374
>>
Wang pic
>>
>>11110781
try the bulldog, it drifts like a dream
>>
also we reached the day limit
>>
>>11111561
wang car
>>
>>11111087
I love that gif
>>
File: 1720043888444541.jpg (28 KB, 550x366)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>11112048
>>
If anyone's wondering, Outrun 2006 PC works online via Radmin.
>>
>>11112201
made me check the latest version of outrun tweaks
>AllowHorn: allows horn button to work during normal gameplay, outside of the "honk your horn!" girlfriend mission
noice
>>
>>11112208
Download the Actions build instead, that's up to date.
>>
LAP 2
10th PLACE

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.