[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Came across an old post by someone saying "playing some of the old Sonic inspired games that were too fast on 50% speed reveals a fun game in there" and found it interesting. I genuinely had never even considered the idea of using an emulator to slow down games that are too fast for me to beat normally. Have you ever tried something like this?
>>
>>11104615
You could try the 50hz PAL version I guess, not literally half speed but slower than the NTSC versions. I've only ever experienced this exact feeling with Zool
>>
As a PALfag I felt like I had been robbed when I learned I had been playing games at the wrong speed.
>>
File: 50 clicks per minute.png (31 KB, 657x482)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>11104620
PAL conversions literally made me fucking retarded. Whenever I try to count seconds they last about 1200ms each. I fucking hate this shit
>>
>>11104620
As a NTSCfag I felt like I had been robbed when I learned the yellow plug deep-fried everything
>>
>>11105784
What does that mean?
>>
Which console From the 1980's would be ideal for me?
>I hate Mario bros
>I hate the NES
>I hate Nintendo
>anti-nintendo console
>anti-pokemom games
>console with anti-nintendo design
>Anti-PC consoles
>I hate MSdos
>>
>>11107074
>I hate Mario bros
Irrelevant
>I hate the NES
Ok so not that
>I hate Nintendo
Same deal
>anti-nintendo console
The fuck does this mean, given your prior stipulations? What is a pro-Nintendo console that's not made by Nintendo? Suicidal?
>anti-pokemon games
Pokemon released in February 1996 in Japan. There is no anti-pokemon game in the 1980's because pokemon didn't exist. Check out Shin Megami Tensei as a monster collector from that era.
>console with anti-nintendo design
Like the above, what even is a non-Nintendo console with pro-Nintendo design? Suicidal? Were they supposed to choose a sphere because NES was a block?
>anti-PC consoles
TurboGrafx is out the window
>I hate MSdos
Not relevant.
So basically, I'm going to assume you've heard of the Sega genesis/master drive, and recommend you... the sega master system, or the atari 7800. Those are your only choices left.
>>
>>11107120
That was a lot of typing wasted on a complete retard.
>>
File: 1657307620406.jpg (258 KB, 1920x1080)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>11107074
Genesis or Master System.
>>
>>11108046
Don't you mean Mega Drive?
>>
>>11107120
>>11108046
Don't respond to that furry spammer
>>
>>11107074
based sperg shitting up casualnigger thread
>>
>>11109459
Don't post the n-word in here.
>>
Slowing down the game to create a cool and unique experience = if you're having fun then that's great
Slowing down the game because it's too hard and you want to win = just use savestates so you can at least play the game while cheating
>>
>>11109618
What if the game is literally impossible for a human to win at full speed?
>>
>>11107061
composite video
>>
>>11109445
Yes.

>>11109451
Sorry.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.