[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_2139.jpg (594 KB, 2048x1536)
594 KB
594 KB JPG
The evolution of gaming happened to quick. A new console every 5 years? They couldn’t wait 8-9 years between generations? C’mon now, that’s what killed it.
>>
>>11105606
We grew up, online gaming happened, then mobile gaming, etc.
>>
16 bit gen felt too short I think because 8 bit stuck around as well. I would have been fine to wait an extra year for ps2.
>>
>>11106054
>I would have been fine to wait an extra year for ps2.
yeah when i got mine i barely played it. i think all i had was dynasty warriors 2 for some months.
>musuo
>>
>>11105606
That's because the hardware and its possibilities evolved quickly. Needless to say, having 3D and CD gave a huge advantage to 5th gen, and 6th gen was still a huge jump compared to the half assed polygonal graphics of PS and N64.
Wow factor is what sells consoles. The difference between 1995 and 1997 was just 2 years, but it felt like a whole new era and was mind-blowing. Imagine going from Yoshi's Island to FF7 and Goldeneye, and a year later MGS and HL. It's not like today when PS5 launches with a fucking GTA5 and in 10 years people went from Fortnite to Fortnite.
>>
>>11105606
There was this Sega guy who wanted to sell Genesis all the way into 1998. Ask him how that went
>>
>>11105606
It was an arms race for a while. If you weren't developing the next system pronto then how were you going to stop a competitor from knocking you out of the market with the next wonder machine?
>>
File: mooreslaw.jpg (84 KB, 800x805)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>11105606
Thanks Gordon Moore
>>
>>
>>11107771
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>11107778

Fact 3DO actually considered the original 3DO system to be part of the same generation as the SNES and Genesis, and the M2 was suppose to be their '5th generation' competitor against the Saturn, PS1, N64 and Jaguar.
>>
>>11107771
>>11107772

1995 was a crazy year for game consoles, with so many console generations overlapping each other. back before the PS1 launch, nobody was expecting Sony to dominate the industry.
>>
>>11106081
have you looked at games recently?

when i visit my autistic furry ftm femboy fwb to cuck his gamer bf, i'm wowed seeing what can be done in-engine with a current gaming PC with an Nvidia 4xxxxxxxxxxx whatever GPU
>>
>>11107808
Yeah roughly the same thing they could do 2 years ago

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.