[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1.jpg (123 KB, 470x572)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
Now when its finally playable on pcsx2 I can see how open world ruined the series
>>
Remember the rules of CRASH?
>>
>>11105889
>I can see how open world ruined the series
The usual problem of being limited to one city. Combined with one of Criterion's head-up-ass ideas, only having turn signal indicators to guide you to the finish line.
>>
>>11105889
I'm semi curious to try this. I have never been huge into racing games, but it's a genre I like and will get into one every few years. Recently I got Burnout Paradise on a sale and have been totally hooked. Right now I think it's my favorite racer I've ever played due to the open world.
>>
>>11105893
Is Burnout 3 in the future where all the cars were self-driving without passengers and no one was hurt in the challenges.
>>
I've been playing it on the Xbox with component cables and it is wild how good it looks.
>>
>>11106576
Well. Its not open world, everything is on tracks like a traditional racer. However it's awesome and you should def try it out. It does a good job at scaring you with speed, and the combat aspect of doing takedowns on other cars us extremely fun.
>>
>>11106576
It's the one racing game I always recommend even to people that aren't into racing
>>
>>11106685
>>11106713
Interesting, thanks. Paradise was the first Burnout in general I got into and I really like the feeling of the cars and the general vibe on top of the open world nature so I'll probably check it out. I really love that I can just boot it up, drive around having random fun and then choose if I want a race, a take down event, stunt challenge or whatever and just drive to the location and go from there.
>>
>>11106590
>Is Burnout 3 in the future where all the cars were self-driving without passengers and no one was hurt in the challenges.
I wish there was a Burnout 4 with a mode where you were sitting in the passenger seat of a Tesla while it drove itself around a city and kept running over pedestrians at crosswalks. Maybe even toss in a few pedestrians that are jaywalking (the kind that seem to love jumping in front of your car when you are going 40 mph). I think that would be an interesting thing to watch for a couple of hours.
>>
>>11105893
I remember disabling that annoying faggot in the settings.
>>
>>11105889
It wasn't necessarily the open world that ruined Paradise, it was the fact that the AI was completely brain dead, removing any hint of challenge in the game. They would constantly get stuck taking the wrong turn, being left behind and it would take some severe fuckup on your part to even end up in 2nd place. When you were expecting the challenge to pick up a little, you were already watching the credits. Compare that to 3 and even Revenge and it's super gay baby retard mode.
The problem is they completely neglected the single player mode and focused all their resources on the online.
>>
>>11107080
Revenge already bent the quality curve down significantly. Nudging is legitimately the first crack in the facade. It betrays the core design of the game and wrecks both the skill curve and the skill ceiling of the game.
>>
>>11107829
Nudging is a non-issue because you're spending 80% of a burnout playthrough driving on the wrong side of the road for boost. The dogshit rubberbanding 3 has, where boosting pretty much doesn't matter because every other racer will just stick to 2-3 seconds behind you regardless of your actions is far worse than nudging is. You can just cruise and get the same result as keeping the boost firing the entire race, it's extremely obvious in the duels.
>>
>>11107829
>>11107904
Did they fix it later or am I blind? In paradise I see every other car's course and usually when I get a super good win it's because I exploited a thing I found earlier. I've won with a huge margin and haven't noticed anything teleporting
>>
>>11106648
Playing it on 360 back compat with hdmi is insane, so crisp. I'm getting a hdmi for Xbox og adapter soon, gonna been interesting trying everything out
>>
>>11106524
All they had to do was block off the other routes and just have a definite track with barriers pop up while doing the race. That's it. Fixed. That's all they had to FUCKING DO AND KT STILL MAKES ME MAD
>>
>>11107829
Nudging? Lol do you mean traffic checking?
>>
>>11107080
Did anyone actually play paradise in 08? Like when it came out? Open world did ruin the game totally. When it first launched you could not retry a race. Literally you couldn't.

You had to drive back to the start of the race, activate it and try again. And if you failed, we'll fuck you, you have to yet again drive back to the start, try again.

It was a total abomination and they got so much fucking shit for it that they patched it in and made free content and shit for years after trying to get fans back on side. It was a mess, terrible situation really.
>>
>>11105889
Puzzle mode is one of the best games ever.
>>
>>11107829
I don't think so, those preview laps are fuck-diculous and require you to know every shortcut. Also some of those shortcuts are fucking deadly and nerve-racking.
>>
>>11109134
How did you manage to lose any races in that joke of a game? The only cars that had any kind of functional AI were the black cars in those Marked Man events, and that's because they teleported all over the place. Driving to events never felt like a chore because the map had plenty of them and the city wasn't exactly huge. This doesn't even address the fact that the rival car AI was completely missing, at launch, after patches or even in the "remaster."
>>
>>11105889
>now
Has been for ages.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.