[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

this cute little piece of shit has a surprisingly solid library, with about a dozen kinda fun games
>>
no it doesn't
>>
Wario Land 3 shill here. Play Wario Land 3.
>>
>>11105932
If you can only find 12 or so games on there you like, you have very, very limited taste.
>>
>>11106128
The gameboy library was the original mobile shovelware market
>>
>>11105932
The camelot mario golf and mario tennis games are still the best non-racing sports games ever made to date.
>>
>>11105932
I can't name more than 2 good dmg gameboy games
>>
>>11105932

oracle of ages
oracle of seasons
gen 2 pokemon
star ocean blue sphere
warioland 3
dragon quest 1+2
dragon quest 3
kirby tilt and tumble
megaman xtreme 2
shantae

what other color kino games am I missing out on? not including the DMG games or DX ports, they dont count.
>>
>>11106159
They are not better than Mike Tyson's Punch Out.
>>
>>11106173
Gay and lisp-pilled don't comment on games you've not played.
>>
>>11106172
alone in the dark
perfect dark
pokemon tcg
bionic commando
street fighter alpha
deja vu
mgs
>>
>>11106180
Drat! I have been found out! How did you figure out I replied to a random post on a videogame website claiming a popular sports game is a better game than two other slightly less popular sports games??? Did you track my IP?
>>
>>11106172
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
Pac-Man: Special Color Edition
Donkey Kong Country
Magical Chase
>>
>>11106161
Tetris
Donkey Kong '94
Pac-Man
Super Mario Land 2
Wario Land
Link's Awakening
Harvest Moon GB
Mega Man V
>>
>>11105952
Yes it does.
>>
File: 1651984897666.jpg (22 KB, 623x668)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>11106221
>Tetris
>Donkey Kong '94
>Pac-Man
nigga...
>>
>>11105932
Best D-pad ever too. Playing Tetris on that is absolute bliss. Was never a big fan of the DS in general.
>>
File: images.jpg (25 KB, 195x258)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
GBC is secretly peak anime game console. People just don't know about that yet.
>>
>>11106142
Lol it wasn't even close, that was DOS and Atari. By comparison the Gameboy was a bastion of high quality.
>>
>>11106194
It's like gaydar I have a special device that pings bullshit on posts I conveniently disagree with.
>>
I bought one mostly for handheld Metal Gear, and that was pretty fun.
>>
>>11106172
Dragon Wario Monstars
Drogon Walugio Monstars 2
>>
>>11106275
i'm liking the microswitch d-pads that exist now. before they did, i was playing everything with a keyboard
>>
>>11106495
>microswitch D-Pads
Is that what the “New” 3DS has? If it is, then it’s just not for me. I probably just have to get used to it, but then again I’ve pretty much only played NES/Gameboy games on an actual original NES controller and original Gameboy/Gameboy “Color.” I don’t emulate so I can’t vouch for any of the other controllers out there. I was very disappointed with the DS to that regard.
>>
>>11106172
The original Mega Man Xtreme is is also GBC, it just also happens to run on DMG.
>>
>>11106254
Tetris and DK94 are pretty standard standout picks for the library. Your post leads me to believe that you think DK is a port, though, so you probably don’t know what you’re talking about.
>>
File: 1697445027717009.jpg (169 KB, 602x907)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>11106172
Spider-Man's got a surprisingly good Game Boy Color lineup... the 1st title is a MetroidVania, to be honest it can be a bit tough getting into, but when things open up it's very rewarding and fun to play, the sewers were a pain though... and all of the flying enemies, they can go to hell for all I care. Also... please, DON'T use a guide, playing it without one makes it 10x more fun, I'm serious.

It had a sequel that... ditched the MetroidVania structure, at first that might sound bland, but it really worked in its favor, the simplicity is really welcome... in many ways it's more solid to play.
>>
>>11106180
You do sound like you're overrating these games just because you don't understand the fun in actual sport games. We get it, you like the quirky rpg/story feature but those games aren't that good.
>>
>>11106221
Super Mario Land
Game & Watch Gallery
Pokemon Pinball
Arcade ports
>>
I only ever had a Pocket, it wasn't until the DS when I got another Nintendo handheld, it's honestly annoying that only the Color and just 2 models of the GBA will play all Color games
>>
>>11108434
It's at least possible to mod the Color internals into the Pocket, and I think the DMG too.
>>
>>11106161
Then you haven't played enough DMG, anon.
>>
>>11106161
pic is Color, not DMG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.