[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

The Saturn is a system from another reality. You wouldn't get it.
>>
walmart ps1
>>
>>11106109
>about 95% of the library is jap only
>the ones that did release had a $50-$60 pricetag and mostly were arcade games that cost a dime to play in your local arcade
>batshit pricing on release for the console that not even having 2 working parents would say yes to
>late 90s sega completely mind broken why their console failed so hard
>so they did it all again with a rushed dreamcast
they made their own bed. Thanks to online and access to the wider library it has it's charms but back then it was a steaming pile of shit, no kid owned one.
>>
Hi-jacking bread for a Saturn question. Recently bought a Jap Saturn and a few games(both jap and NA. I'm still waiting on my Reply Action(guy is taking his sweet time to send it) so I've only been playing my jap titles. Decided that I should test out my NA titles to see if they at least play music to make sure my discs are alright. 2 out the 3 booted up and seemed to play just fine. Has anyone experienced this or know why some games are not region locked?
>>
>>11106706
You might have a region free bios installed ,I'm not aware of any region free games
>>
>>11106820
>region free bios installed
Maybe but why then did it not play one of my NA games? It let me know it can't boot the disc but would play the ost no problem.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (18 KB, 480x360)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>11106113
wrong
>>11106162
wrong
>>
>>11106706
Never heard of region free Sat games. Mahbe your Saturn has a modchip
>>
>>11108882
>Mahbe your Saturn has a modchip
Bought the Saturn straight from Nippon land so not sure why some jap anon would ever need to mod their Saturn. Also it wouldn't play one of my NA games(Panzer Dragoon) but would playt other two NA games(NIGHTS and Zwei).
>>
>>11106109
transparency. you wouldn't get it
>>
>>11106109
>The Saturn is a system from another reality. You wouldn't get it.
a reality where all the games suck
>>
>>11106109
The Saturn was king of '95 and that's it. Most people kept holding out for the N64 and the PS1 started gaining ground when crash bandicoot came out.
>>
>>11106109
>3D is the hotness
>let's make an overpriced sprite machine!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.