[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

this game rocks hard, what are your thoughts about it /vr/?
>>
>>11106369
I need a key, I need a key
No one want's to play with me
Boohoo
>>
File: roomba.png (40 KB, 500x500)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
I'm here to donate some blood... someone elses.
What are you gonna do, bleed on me?
>>
the best thing on the build engine.
>>
>>11106369
I can’t get into it at all. It pretty ugly and almost looks 8 bit with its colors. I get the style but it looks like a huge step back from Shadow Warrior. It just doesn’t play like those typical FPS games of the era. I get that’s its appeal but I haven’t got used to it.

Shadow Warrior is still my favorite. It’s been that way since it came out.
>>
>>11106369
I gave it a pass back in the day because I wasn't a fan of horror in any capacity really. Duke and Shadow were way more interesting to me. I've played it now and like it, but it's not my favorite weapon load out.
>>
>>11106369
liked it on normal, loved it on hard (well done?), game felt much more rewarding and fun that way.
>>
>>11106369
>what are your thoughts about it /vr/?
Play mods for it.

https://blood.freeminded.de/index.php?section=maps
>>
>>11106375
>>11106392
OPEN FOR BUSINESS
>>
File: bloodsetup.png (180 KB, 888x666)
180 KB
180 KB PNG
Post your configs.
>>
>>11106369
I love Caleb's voice acting, wasn't that long before this game that voice acting would be the devs doing silly voices into the mic
>>
>>11106845
>I can’t get into it at all. It pretty ugly and almost looks 8 bit with its colors.

lol

are you tarded?

nintendies I swear lol
>>
Dynamite is the funniest weapon in videogame history.
>>
>>11106369
Almost everything in this game is so satisfactory. The maps, the guns, the sound effects, the ambiance. My biggest gripe is that Caleb drowns way too fast.
>>
>>11106369
I need to admit I never liked it even when it was new. All of my friends were playing it though.
I tried to play it recently and there is still something very off-putting about it.
It was the same with Duke3d too, I was Doom/Quake enthusiast...
>>
>>11109502
The swimming parts can blow a giant dick. I always cheat through them or skip the level entirely.
>>
It filtered me pretty hard. I got to the carnival level and just stopped. I like what is there but it's just not grabbing me the way newer faux boomer shooters like Ion Fury do.
>>
>>11109695
It annoyed me that I could barely make it through, then I watched someone else play and it turned out there are vents to refill the air, you just need to look up.
>>
also why the fuck there are three blood threads now, did an influencer publish a video essay on it or something?
>>
Cant decide if the weapons other than dynamite or shotgun actually suck or if they just FEEL like they suck because those 2 are so stupidly good and fun to use.
>>
>>11109812
Flare gun, machine gun, and especially the Tesla gun brutally mog the shotgun
>>
File: 1709175291178624.webm (2.91 MB, 854x480)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB WEBM
>>11109812
>>11109879
Then there’s the naplam launcher, that thing murders. The spraycan is good for fatties and causing firedeaths, voodoo doll is good for sniping and killing bosses, and the life leech can be placed like a turret.
I’m only indifferent towards the alternative dynamite (prox, remote det) but all the other weapons are in a nice spot. Shotgun’s my favorite.
>>
I love the art style and vibes, but it's far too hard for me in an unfun way. I end up just quick saving before every battle, then dropping the game a few levels in. I did finish it once in full though. Even played the unofficial sequel/expansion, Death Wish (it's still getting updates btw, that guy is crazy).

Shadow Warrior is also this hard for me, but Duke and Powerslave are fine. Doom is also fine and very fun. I'm not the best fps player FWIW though, I mainly play melee action games and RPG's.

At least the source port situation is much better than a few years ago. We have an official remaster which is mostly okay, and a super autistic fan made recreation which is open source and 200% accurate. And even a Java port which is made by another autist and also pretty good. Kinda crazy we had to wait for so long, Blood's source code used to be a white whale among retro fps enthusiasts, but now we have not 1, not 2, but whole 3 modern versions to pick from.
>>
>>11109879
The shotgun's still a good weapon to whip out to kill zombies or lone cultists.
>>
>>11109906
Remote detonator is perfect for planting against a door then luring all the enemies on the other side to it
>>
>>11106369
Is it of all time though? or only of some time?
>>
>>11106845
>it's pretty ugly

It's arguably the best looking build engine game, barring Ion Fury.
>>
>>11110192
It's aesthetically ugly, especially the brown dull colors
>>
>>11109879
It was a mistake to say suck, implying a lack of usefulness. Im mainly referring to how enjoyable the dynamite and shotgun are to use.
The flare gun is at least interesting as a DOT applying weapon but the machinegun and tesla seem like blandest possible things to fill in those weapon slots. A chaingun and a plasma equivalent MUST go here so here you go.
>>
>>11106369
>what are your thoughts about it /vr/?
One of the fps games of all time, in between Doom and Half Life.
>>
>>11111973
nta, but they are useful when you don't have shotgun ammo and lots of enemies are closing on you so you can't use dynamite. Tommy gun in blood imo made much more sense having full auto and fuller auto modes than doom's chaingun being a sniper rifle minigun hybrid.
>>
>>11106369
Amazing animations, fun level design, can be a bit convoluted at times. Has some issues with bullet sponge enemies at higher difficulties. I'd rate it as best FPS afer Doom 2.
>>
>presentation and general premise
as close to perfect as any game I've ever encountered
>overall as game
I probably don't deserve to have an opinion because I got filtered by well done, just found death to come way too fast to not savescum in a way that killed the flow of the game. normal eventually devolved into a predictable routine of corner peaking hitscanners with nothing really able to shake me out of that boring playstyle.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.