[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Madagascar_front.jpg (36 KB, 220x310)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
What makes it a forgettable game? Nobody ever talks about it and that gives me the impression that it was a forgettable game
>>
>>11106410
I am literally Melman
>>
Me and my brothers have strong impressions of this game, mostly due to the minigames. But the main story places were also fun. I enjoyed the varied gameplay. The stealth section with the penguin on the boat and the zebra in the city, and the overworld free roam section where you go around collecting fruit(?) on the island as the lion maybe? And the mushroom cave which taught me what a grotto was.
I have fond memories of it, and will replay it soon. It's a good game for the license shovelware it is, not forgotten by any means
>>
>>11106783
For some reason some of the minigames are exactly the same as in the 102 Dalmatians game (also a great one)
>>
I remember playing the Over the Hedge game with my cousins
>>
>>11106410
I remember getting a boner from the starfish bikini outfit you could get for Gloria
>>
>>11107058
Did you become a furry?
>>
>>11107058
>t. Moto Moto
>>
>>11107058
that made me laugh harder than it should have
>>
Back then, I just used cheats to unlock all the levels and just jump to every stage I go through without any context, There is that one mission that is just a fucking loading screen for some reason.

I replayed the game with no cheats and honestly it wasn't so bad, the story was pretty out there I think, and the gameplay is pretty standared.

Who would win?
a Billionaire genius with high tech equipment, with inventions that can destroy cities, and an army of robots.

VS

A buch of skater kids with Hockey sticks and pucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKPPiHizJJA
>>
>>11106410
>Activision
>>
>>11106878
Same devs? or is there like a secret shovelware code where fellow shovelware devs and distributors can't sue each other?
>>
>>11107653
For me? It was the wild.
>>
>>11106410
the minigolf is good
>>
>>11107653
As far as I know, different devs, but I didn't check recently. It's possible that they sold the code from 102 Dalmatians at some point and new devs built the Madagascar game on top of it. It'd be cool if some autistic jewtuber made a 30 minute video about this, I'd watch it once.
>>
>>11106410
I remember getting excited to play the comfy Madagascar levels after beating the Zoo and Ship levels
>>
It's shovelware based on an okay mid 2000s CG movie, that's why. It's literally "I'm 8 years old, my mother got me this on my PS2" core
>>
>>11108197
/thread
>>
>>11107653
Toys for Bob did both of them

On that note, god, it is so surreal knowing the studio behind the fucking Star Control games ended up being a licensed shovelware dev for a good portion of their life.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.