[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Free_Saturn.jpg (266 KB, 1763x883)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
This guy got a Saturn for free.
Do you check marketplace regularly to prevent scalpers and hoarders to get their filthy hands on stuff first, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDKj1dlaZig
>>
>>11106912
scalping is a made up problem, there's nothing wrong with reselling your stuff
>>
>>11106913
Thinking that you gonna sell your overpriced stuff easily is as retarded as it is buying overpriced stuff.
>>
>>11106935
if prices tank then selling them for the price you got it for to get out is dandy
>>
>>11106913
>there's nothing wrong with reselling your stuff
do you even know what scalping is?
>>
>>11106912
Why does this guy talk so slowly
>>
>>11106958
It's not that slow but English used to be spoken with very exact pronunciation of every syllable... Elizabethan English would've pronounced musician as "mu-si-ci-an", modern English sped up (esp. in southern England) while the American South kept that slow drawl.
>>
>>11106912
>Do you check marketplace regularly to prevent scalpers and hoarders to get their filthy hands on stuff first, right?
It's not really my responsibility to prevent scalpers and hoarders from snatching up retro shit.
If it's something I myself want then sure, I'll probably end up buying it if it's cheap. But I'm not going to waste my time or money buying something I already own or don't care to own just because it's a good deal.
>>
File: 1000090389.gif (288 KB, 220x275)
288 KB
288 KB GIF
let's all throw it in the trash so the trannies are forced to program for us good emulators
>>
>>11106950
It's made up thing, you guys are referring to resellers. Resellers strive to make a profit that is more than the cost of the good, and any costs put into it.
>>
>>11106912
>This guy got a Saturn for free.
still overpriced when you factor in the travel required to pick it up
>>
>>11108387
yeah it's why goodwill doesnt sell things for $1 anymore.
>>
>>11108470
They're worth more than a dollar.
>>
>>11106913
>Go to local garage sells
>Checks for video games
>"Some dude came and bought everything!"
Fuck you
This is exactly what's wrong with resellers, they purchase to resell and basically clean out everything else. It's not a you moment finding Phantasy Star for SMS, boxed, in a pawn shop by pure chance because you happened to be there that day, it's those undesirable completely cleaning out absolutely every single possible venue of video games sources so that they can sell it back to you at an increasingly insane mark up
Stumbling across anything at all is impossible because of them now. You have to have a close eye on the market, be there first, have a car, live in a convenient place for this and have a shitload of time to lose if you want to one up all these undesirables nowadays, and that's usually for scrap
>>
>>11109146
>mad because too slow
>>
>>11108470
more like cause goodwill is a scummy business, that only pretends to be a charity, for the tax credits

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.