[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Dragon Quest IV (7).jpg (303 KB, 1231x866)
303 KB
303 KB JPG
Dragon Quest is a joke.
>>
>>11107004

I keep trying to get into DQ because FF is my favorite franchise, and its like ive been gaslit my entire life into thinking DQ is good. But every time I actually try to play through a game, its too painful to finish. I put 50 hours into dq7 before giving up. Ive played 1, 3, 7, 8, 9, 11, didnt like any of them, and im STILL trying. Im playing dq5 now, a few hours in and to be fair this one has the most interesting start by far.
>>
>>11107026
I finished 1 & 2 which were a chore with the tedious grinding that takes no skill.
>>
>>11107026
i felt this way after i tried 11. got sick of it after 35 hours and couldn't push myself to continue. I had a similar problem with 8. I guess they aren't for me but it's hard to say that because I do enjoy them for a long time. They just wear out their welcome for me.
>>
>>11107026
FF is driving a suped up ricer
DQ is driving out back on a John Deere
>>
>>11107026
I'm basically the polar opposite of you. Funny enough, my love for DQ started with 7 in the early 2000s. I've never had a game capture my interest or imagination like that before or since.
>>
>>11107026
Play 4.
>>
OP is a joke.
>>
>>11107431
A Gadabout would be more appropriate
>>
>>11107026
Then don't play them retard.
>>
If you play on emulator this fight is fair because you can rewind or make a save. On real hardware it's shit and a joke.
>>
>>11107026
>dumbass skipped the best ones
Are you retarded on purpose?
>>
File: gay joke, please clap.jpg (37 KB, 400x458)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>11107026
>FF is my favorite franchise
>>
File: das.png (685 KB, 985x1024)
685 KB
685 KB PNG
>>11107004
That's horrible, man!
>>
>>11107026
You have shit taste
>>
>>11107004
lol ops mom is in the game and his whole family lululul
>>
>>11107026
>I put 50 hours into dq7
kek. The funny thing about that is you weren't even close to finishing it. DQ7 is really good, it's just also really fucking long. The 3DS remake streamlines things, cuts off at least 30 hours. Loading times in the ps1 original were fine, especially compared to the FF games on ps1, but having none at all also helps. Classes take less battles to level up/master. You played the wrong version, bro.
>>
>>11107026
Games are supposed to be fun, why do people force themselves to play ones they don't enjoy?
>>
issue with DQ games for me have always been their stories have not evolved whatsoever over the years. even the latest installments are so fucking cliched it's incredible. i give a pass for the first titles as it was a different time, but as entries went on it was more or less the same thing over and over.
>>
>>11107004
I do not understand how dragon fags suck off the music of this shit series. I beat 11 recently and the soundtrack is the most obnoxious crap iv ever listened to and it never stops.
>>
>>11110693

the composer is far beyond washed at this point and I agree 11 sounds like total ass. but 3-6 have some really good music. you cant play dq3 snes and tell me that music isnt god form.
>>
>>11109110
The mantra is constantly reinforced by forum junkies and in bad fiction that a "real gamer" is a master of all games who is good at everything and who has played everything. Thus people treat games like a to-do list and just try to force their way through famous or timeless classic games that they fucking hate, rather than just developing a different opinion by disagreeing with those who praise the games they hate, and instead presenting why they like different games. Gamers are corporate sheep, so it makes sense that they are bandwagoners for whatever internet opinions tell them is common sense for real gamers like themselves.
>>
Compared to other popular games only in one country DQ is possibly the worst one and influenced so many great game designers it's as if they played DQ and didn't learn any lessons from those games.
>>
>>11107787

working your way up to the best games is more rewarding than blowing your load with the best ones right away.
>>
>>11107026
>I put 50 hours into dq7 before giving up
so not even half. fucking gay of you
>>
>>11111612
yeah he should have played 110 and hated 60 of those hours to be a true gamer.

great post.
>>
>>11111612
Ask me how I know you have no life without you outright declaring it
>>
>>11107004
>Dragon Quest is a joke.
It is...
>>
>>11111612

Im ashamed of it but I will definitely go back and finish that save file eventually. right now dq5 is just a lot better
>>
>>11110250
Try Dragon Quest 5; I think you'll be impressed.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.