[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: very special girl.png (58 KB, 669x808)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
After what amount of time spent blindly wandering around backtracking does it become acceptable to consult the walkthrough for a game?
>>
>>11107721
NEVER, KEEP WANDERING I BELIEVE IN YOU ANON
>>
File: 91c3EXAe-nL._SL1500_.jpg (269 KB, 1125x1500)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
>>11107721
i aim to break triggers, because playing as designed is boring.

The geniuses at Raven had doors and cutscenes activated by deaths of mooks, in a game with disarming and various means of rushing past them. it forces you to commit war crimes. in at least one mission, i had to neutralize my own forces to stop war crimes.
>>
god i could use a special girl to backtrack my dick into
>>
File: 1694564046333.jpg (1.01 MB, 1918x1289)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
>>11107721
It depends... do you think you're close to finding what you need? Are you having fun? If so... then I think it's best to keep going... but, if you think it's getting to the point where you prefer to just quit and not play it again, then it's better to just use it to keep going, not ideal, but better than quitting.
>>
>>11107721
Just YouTube it OP nobody's going to judge you
>>
>>11108051
>YouTube
GameFAQs is a lot more SOVL though... all jokes aside, I love following a written guide, it's kind of like following a pirate's map to the treasure! In a way it has its own merit and fun... I love doing it.
>>
>>11107721
Depends on you and how hard you explored. If I can picture in my head every NPC and every location and I know I've talked to them already and I've been everywhere I'll reluctantly look up a walkthrough. I'll wander around for hours though because I like to be able to tell myself I didn't need a guide.
>>
At least you don't have a walktrough open all the time like some people.
>>
>>11107721
I actually hate myself for abandoning and never finishing a shitton of games as a kid whenever I got stuck at a part I couldnt figure out, instead of looking it up.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.