[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: SSF2_US_flyer.png (266 KB, 260x373)
266 KB
266 KB PNG
I was thinking just now about the different versions of SF2 and how all the others have fans. ST is the most played competitively of course, CE is surprisingly popular on fightcade (for the simplicity and more methodical pace), HF is also pretty popular for being well balanced, and I've even met people who prefer WW for its purity and nostalgia. But I've never met anyone who likes New Challengers best and I can't imagine why anyone would. Does it have any advantages over the others?
>>
>>11108086
It's like Super Turbo but not as fast iirc. I personally like it, maybe tied with Super Turbo for me
>>
>>11108086
>CE is surprisingly popular on fightcade (for the simplicity and more methodical pace)
It's also more popular than HF because HF's speed isn't accurate on Fightcade
>>
>>11108086
Me.
new challengers > CE > ST > WW > HF/turbo
>>
File: 1703867529664596.gif (152 KB, 580x580)
152 KB
152 KB GIF
>>11108086
>Does it have any advantages over the others?
New Challengers is the ultimate SF2 game. It has been designed to be. ST is mostly about bullshit. And the supers alter the dynamic of how matches will play out, its no longer in line with what SF2 had been all about prior. I dont hate ST, its fun. But its also utter bullshit.
>>
>>11108086
Turbo. Everything else sucks.
>>
>>11108474
Turbo or Super Turbo?
>>
The only good SF2 is Hyper Fighting
>>
>>11108118
>>11108454
>>11108468
Interesting, so it sounds like New Challengers is to Super Turbo as Champion Edition is to Hyper Fighting? CE is my favorite so I might actually like NC then in that case. It's the one I've played the least (not sure if I've ever played it actually) so I'm gonna give it a try.
>>
one of the instances where the console version is better

snes/genesis ports have optional turbo speed (though not as quick as HF)

x68k port is lazy and doesnt have turbo speed (also requires an upgraded model to run properly)
>>
>>11108086
I like the music in New Challengers.
>>
>>11108086
I enjoy it quite a lot due to the slow speed but no being crazy broken like WW/CE. It really ought to see more play.
>>
>>11111215
OP here, yeah that's the gist of what I'm getting from everyone who likes it here that it's more slow and methodical like WW/CE which sounds appealing to me. Also the lack of supers as I've never been huge on those in fighting games. I get why people like them but they just aren't for me. Something pure about not having to constantly focus on meters and shit like that.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.