[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 5355896.jpg (279 KB, 1088x1520)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
Aside from git gud, what am I missing here? Why is it hard(er) to control than the SNES game?
>>
>>11108526
Just play X and GX instead
>>
>>11108526
Play the Wipeout games OP. Like F-Zero only there's more than four of them. Also you get weapons and power-ups like in Mario Kart
>>
>>11108540
Thanks, but I want to play F-Zero
>>
>>11108542
There are two other (afaik better) games on the GBA, GP Legend and Climax
>>
I've played like 50 hours of F-Zero 99 but never played any other F-Zero game other than GX for a while when I was a kid. Will my skills from 99 be easily transferrable over to the classic games?
>>
Mash accelerate as you turn.
>>
>>11108526
just play 99
>and lose to me
>>
>>11108526
Go ahead and try climax, maximum velocity has some slippery controls that makes it frustating to play.
>>
>>11108526
This whole series sucks. It's the Sonic of racing games.
>>
>>11109263
Nobody cares about your worthless meme opinion, anon.
>>
>>11108526
I'm glad it's not just me. I tried to go back and play this recently and the controls felt slippery as hell. Turning was nearly impossible unless I damn near came to a complete stop. I was constantly bouncing back and forth between the barriers on each side of the track.
>>
>>11108526
Use L and R and mash acceleration through the turns.
Apart from that, know the perfect route and don't ever make any mistake.
When it came out I spent a whole summer on it and even unlocked the Falcon Mk II, but I never made it further.
Recently found my old GBA and tried it again and boy I lost every single amount of skill I had.
>>
yeah it has too many sharp turns
you have to tap the shoulder buttons multiple times on turns
>>
>>11108526
use a different machine. it controls just like the orginal.
>>
>>11108639
Mostly to SNES. The GBA games have a heavy emphasis on blast turning for increasing traction. Because you're used to trading energy for speed boosts, it won't be hard to learn energy management in GX and the other games that use boost power.
>>
>>11108526
F-Zero is fundamentally trash because it started as a mode 7 demo and there is no escaping that
>>
>>11110921
Your setup is laggy, op. Fast games like this can make you realize that.
>>
>>11109263
Some people hate fun
>>
>>11111521
Your mom started as mode 7
>>
>>11110921
>>11111527
Maybe OP is playing it on the Switch Online, it recently got added there.
>>
>unlock Jet Vermillion with a code
>no clue how i'm meant to take turns with this thing
I never got the feel for this game in general. I can manage wins, but it pisses me off how the ai has bullshit high top speeds. The slowest machines go 100km/h above what they'd go when you use the.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.