[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Northern Kremisphere... home.
>>
Canada sucks
>>
>>11108973
Taking the monkeys out of the jungle was a mistake
>>
File: spurdo-spin.gif (47 KB, 247x194)
47 KB
47 KB GIF
>1 is tropical island themed
>After 1 establishes K.Rool is a Pirate the pirate theme in 2 makes a lot of sense
>3 randomly turns K.Rool into a mad professor archetype and takes place in fucking Canada of all places

Like I don't dislike DKC3 but even just its story and setting feels completely bootleg

like I wouldn't entirerly write off the idea DKC3 is actually just an unofficial chink bootleg of 2 but with a decent production budget
>>
>>11109218
I feel the same way about it.
Too much of a mishmash.
>>
>>11109218
While the final boss takes place on a ship, nothing else in the game indicates that K Roll or the kremlins are pirates. The only recurring theme with the enemies is a military one and K Roll is just a generic king.
Following the same logic, since the final boss of DKC2 takes place on a mechanical airship, it makes sense for him to become a scientist in the next game. They even brought back the factory theme from the first one in a context where it was better integrated.
>>
>>11109218
I think that’s his twin brother
>>
>>11109218
I thought K. Rool was a cosplayer
>>
>>11110019
literally half the game takes place on, in, or around pirate ships, you fucking monkey brain
>>
>>11110217
He meant DKC1 having no pirate theme until the very last level. Kremlings in DKC1 had a military theme, pirates suddenly happened in the sequel.
>>
>>11110226
And that anon was never seen or heard from itt again
>>
>>11110275
I'm right here and I'll freely admit I'm retarded
>>
File: FqlxQt3WYAEUPJ0.jpg (1.37 MB, 3000x1372)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB JPG
maps
>>
>>11108973
Such a comfy setting
>>
>>11110045
Ultimate did one thing right: getting rid of their awful localizers for their trophies.
>>
>>11108973
crazy to me how small it looks in its entirety, but felt large as a dumbass kid
>>
>>11108973
I preferred the jungle, the setting just feels off
>>
>>11108973
The level select music popped in my head
>>
File: EgrNozYUcAAopmo.png (709 KB, 847x547)
709 KB
709 KB PNG
Did you know? Benny and Björn, the Brothers Bear twins who reside in Donkey Kong Country 3's sixth world, Razor Ridge, were named after ABBA's two male singers, Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus. Does this make Dixie the Dancing Queen?
>>
>>11108973
DKC1 but in Canada, featuring:
>DKC1 jungle but canadian
>DKC1 caverns but canadian
>DKC1 coral reefs but canadian
>DKC1 treetops but canadian
>DKC1 forest but canadian (and featuring riverside)
>DKC1 snow forest but canadian
>DKC1 factory but canadian
And then you get lake boardwalk, mill, waterfalls, pipeline and cliffs as the actually new level settings (and I really liked some of those settings!)
It felt like after explosion of originality in DKC2 (when it comes to level settings, even though there are still some repeats with DKC1) devs just ran out of ideas and decided to literally flood DKC1 and call it a day.
Also to this day I'm STILL pissed about helicopter being a complete waste - I was so looking forward to finally explore top left corner of the map and get another world or SOMETHING good... only to get McGuffin check for secret ending and 3 more Simon Says minigames across leftover corners of the map. Could've placed Pacifica in there but that world didn't exist until GBA version anyway...
>>
>>11108973
This game is maximum kino.
Take me back.
>>
>>11109218
>noooo they should have remade the same game for the third time!!!
>>
>>11111072
Why do you dipshits keep saying Canada? Do they feature maple syrup in the game?

There's a handful of different states in the USA that look like this, including Colorado
>>
>>11111847
it's boring as fuck just like Canada, I've been to Canada 3 times (even the french bit and yes its full of goblins). It sucks.
>>
>>11110914
i dont know, but dixie is made for big bear cock
>>
>>11109218
>>11109234
Fuck off, retards.
>>
>>11112023
Wow what a reasonable thing to say.
>>
>>11110226
>pirates suddenly happened in the sequel.
pirate ship and song happened suddenly out of nowhere, but in the end of the first game
>>
Why the fuck are people saying the setting is boring? I always thought it's canadian theme was exotic and slightly creepy like some 90's new age trapper keeper art but as a game

2 has the best gameplay and is more bombastic but I've always found it the least attractive tonally because of how heavily in leans into the gothic pirate theme.

1 & 3 have this surrealist and lived in feeling that 2 doesn't like there are secrets just out of view
>>
>>11113407
>Canada
>Exotic
You need to get out more, guy.
>>
CANADA IS NOT REAL
>>
>>11113547
I mean I've never met anyone from there
>>
File: IMG_0003.jpg (8 KB, 236x156)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
Canada is the backrooms of America. It has a charm to it and it's natural beauty is undeniable.

>Prince Edward island is beautiful and fairy tale like not to mention British Columbia
>Toronto, Vancouver and Edmonton used to be nice comsopolitan places
>Francophone Canada is beautiful especially Quebec city
>Chugland is probably the worst but even then there are interesting things to do if you know where to look
>>
>>11113738
i should preface this by saying I fucking hate Canadians and present day Canada. I really like DKC3 though
>>
I like Canada
>>
>>11113738
Québec city is a massive tourist trap and not beautiful at all. Maybe it was beautiful 50 years ago idk but not any more. Go a hundred miles or so up the St Lawrence river (trois-rivieres) you've got the quintessential small town vibe. Or down river (iwi land way towards tadoussac) and yeah you've got natural beauty with humpback pods and belugas in the river.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.