[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: DemikidsDark.jpg (113 KB, 555x555)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
Thoughts on this? I've never played a SMT game but this looks Pokemon-ish.

What is the best version to play? I've read Light is easier.
>>
>>11109108
Just try a game faggot. You dont need us to hold your hand while you boot up a rom
>>
File: smt.png (500 KB, 638x597)
500 KB
500 KB PNG
>>11109108
Just go play an actual SMT game man. Go play Digital Devil Saga or Nocturne. Demikids was not great.
>>
Ignore Nocturnebabbies
>>
>>11109108
It's cute and funny. Most the games aren't translated yet though, it's hard to dive into the series if you're not a Japanese speaking person.
>>
>looks pokemon-ish
that's because pokemon is already a kiddified smt. demikids was just atlus saying "fuck off, we can do that too"
>>
>>11109254
>go play Digital Devil Saga or Nocturne.
Why would why play the SMT ganes directed towards women?
OP should be looking into KMT, Last Bibble, and Sovl Hackers.
>>
>>11110639
Pokemon is babby DQ2
Modern megaten is Phantasy Star for kids
>>
>>11110641
>Why would why play the SMT ganes directed towards women?
How do you figure they are directed towards women?
>OP should be looking into KMT, Last Bibble, and Sovl Hackers.
Some of the Last Bible games are great. Soul Hackers is amazing, but not a great starter point, the fusion in that game is terrible.
>>
>>11109254
Replace the third image with Monster Girl Quest Paradox
>>
>>11110643
ironic since pokemon has greater depth and breadth of mechanics and skill
>>
Isn't this the game with the Frost Five?
I loved them on 3DS Soul Hackers!
>>
>>11109254
Demikids is more of a smt game than digital "only 7 playable demons the whole game" Saga
>>
I loved the juxtaposition of the kiddie pokemon aesthetic and the title that was basically DEMONKIDS so I got this a few years back but never got too into the game. I wish it had printed guides or something because I have no idea what I was doing and was not particularly enjoying myself
>>
>>11114960
Demi doesn't mean demon.
>>
>>11114962
ok weeb whatever what does that have to do with anything
>>
File: 1721835906622454.png (10 KB, 255x212)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>ok weeb whatever what does that have to do with anything
>>
>>11109108
what kind of tumblr groomer shit is this?
>>
>>11114931
I think DDS just goes a different route. It still has the heart and soul of an SMT game in my opinion.
>>
>>11115798
Strange projection.
>>
>>11114962
Japanese title for this series is Devil Children
>>
>>11115895
Honestly kids are sometimes very devilish. They tend to not have any filters and aren't fully domesticated to societal etiquettes.
>>
>>11109108
Devil Children is the dark ages of SMT. From 2000 to 2003, Atlus committed a lot of ressources to it, and largely stopped producing any other SMT games until SMT3. They blindsided themselves on the state of the community by doing so, and consecutively were caught with their pants down when they released SMT3.
>>
>>11109108
I loved it when I was 11 years old. I was basically in the perfect state of mind to enjoy an edgey Pokemon. Objectively speaking though, the games probably aren't very good.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.