[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: dukezero-1648137840669.jpg (243 KB, 1024x1024)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
What's everyone's opinion on this game?

I personally think it's the 2nd best Duke game out there. It works really well with modern controllers in an emulator too so the issues with the N64 controller can't be avoided. It also helps that the biggest problem not being able to save midlevel is resolved with save states. This game should really get rereleased someday.

Also did anyone ever play the splitscreen multiplayer back in the day?
>>
issues with the N64 controller CAN* be avoided
>>
File: Duke Nukem - Zero Hour.png (3.45 MB, 1305x1584)
3.45 MB
3.45 MB PNG
It's the closest thing to a DN3D sequel we got, and I think it's pretty fun.

The really amazing thing is that the game is built on the Build engine but with a new renderer that supports 3D models and dynamic lights, same as DN64. But all the effects like doors, conveyor belts, elevators, etc etc still use the same effects system as DN3D. It basically did what DN3D source ports did but long before them. Nobody even knew that until years later.
>>
>>11110198
I am not a N64 fan, far from it, but I respect how good it runs PC games engines, like Doom engine, Build, Quake and Quake II engines. On PS1 and Saturn they were slow af or just straight up replaced with custom engines tailor made for hardware. In Doom and Build cases, N64 manages to even have some rendering improvements.
I hate the way Duke 64 looks though. Total Meltdown stays the most faithful Duke 3D port from that gen.
>>
File: 1710931245947081.jpg (81 KB, 1067x800)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
Yeah, I'm thinking kino.
>>
>>11110301
Are there more high quality images of these screens?
>>
I don't understand, what issues with the controller? people keep saying this and I don't get it, it uses the directions on the right to move and the joystick to aim, that's the same system still used today but with a stick instead of directional buttons and the same idea that PC has used since the 90s, wasd to move and mouse to aim.
>>
>>11110181
KINO HOUR
>>
>>11110181
24 but duke nukem
>>
>>11110545
I should've clarified. I don't personally have issues with the controls on a N64 pad, but when playing with a modern Xbox controller, the dual thumbsticks makes the game feel a lot of more natural for someone like me who plays mostly console shooters.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.