[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Castlevania-Death-4.jpg (107 KB, 1080x1080)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>I'll not ask you to return to our side... BUT I DEMAND YOU CEASE YOUR FAKE AND GAY ATTACK!!i
>>
>>11111462
I will not.
>>
>>11111462
SO, YOU LIKE TO PLAY CASTLEVANIA
>>
>>11111462
It was not by my hand that I was once again given flesh
>>
IT WAS NOT BY MY HAND THAT IM ONCE AGAIN GIVEN FELLATIO
>>
>>11111462
Please turn on CRT shaders, emubaby
>>
ONE WHO PLAYS SO CLOSE TO THE FIRE CANNOT FAIL BUT BE BURNED
>>
>>11111462
Why the fuck did they put him on stilts?
>>
>>11111598
Cuz he HATH no ASS and he must SHITTE
>>
>>11111473
Das why you gay bitch
>>
japanese > english

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPtWBVg13g0
>>
>>11112097
>japanese > english
Like 99% of times.
>>
>>11111232
Died! You Pussyposter!
>>
>>11112097
Y e s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H-29y7CZII
>>
>>11111524
Why?
>>
>>11112097
Is this a hack or is the Japanese version out of the box with Japanese voice acting and English text? Because I obviously don't speak Japanese and I need subtitles and if that's the case I'll play that version instead (never played the game before).
>>
>>11112398
The quality discrepancy between Japanese and English VA is mind boggling.
>>
>>11112725
Based.
I hate shaders. It’s a modern display. Why pretend otherwise?
>>
>>11112748
It's not about pretending, it's about making it not look like literal shit as much as possible.
>>
>>11112752
I bet you'd order an $80 ribeye well done then cover it in ketchup.
>>
>>11112759
You're only half right. I don't eat sauces.
>>
CRT shaders are about giving necessary definition and blending to 2D art so we can approach artist intention closer. The anons who complain about pretension and fake nostalgia miss the point. Raw pixels is the absolute furthest you can get from artist intention and I hate how people think you need raw pixels to be a true pixel art lover.

Decades of showcasing 2D art on a television, all done as a joke, or something like that is what they believe.
>>
>>11112774
This bothers me because 2D games look like shit mostly and since CRT technology is dead, we're not getting any new good looking 2D games. Good thing there are a billion retro games to go for but still. I wish they'd just fucking make CRTs again. I want a new one.

>hurr durr just recap

Nah bro there's a million capacitors on a CRT. I can't tell which ones need changing and changing all of them will take a month and when I put it back together it might not even work.
>>
DONT YOU THINK THATS KINDA FUCKED UP?
>>
>>11112759
i've been vegan since the late 90s and everyone thinks i'm 24 and frequently approached by autistic ftm femboys not old enough to drink
>>
>>11112774
"raw pixels" don't exist. Pixels are infinitesimal point samples, not square units of area. They're only displayed as such in image editors so there's something to click.

>>11112787
There's been some rather good 2D games in recent years, many with sprites instead of models
>>
>>11112962
Uh, gratz?
>>
This ain't Mode 7
>>
>>11112962
>ftm femboys
>ftm
>boys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.