[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

>Makes the best early 80s video games AND pinball machines
No one could stop them at their peak
Joust and Robotron 2084 are masterpieces of video game design, they truly and deeply UNDERSTOOD the medium from the moment they started making them. Also Black Knight (1980) is still my second favorite pinball machine after Medieval Madness (also Williams)
>>
>>11111948
Uhm that's too old for this subreddit...
>>
>>11111948
Why did they fall so far behind the japs past the early 80s?
>>
>>11111948
Joust is my vote for best golden age arcade game. So endlessly fun and unique. I’d say it’s my favorite arcade game of all time.
>>11111970
lel yup, this board isn’t what it used to be. It’s 20 y/o’s complaining that DS isn’t considered retro because they have nothing to talk about.
>>11111985
It’s weird right? Has to be the video game crash bled talent or something.
>>
>>11111985
Who says they did?
>>
>>11112029
Anything 7th gen and up is not retro and never will be because the 7th gen was the turning point where the old era ended and the modern era began. CRTs were replaced with LCDs, online became the default rather than an option, DLC began, etc.
>>
>>11111948
love williams
Joust and Defender were great
Even Star Rider was really cool
All their games, including all their pinball machines, had a certain Williams feel that just made you feel good
>>
File: Bubbles_Game[1].png (4 KB, 292x240)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
bubbles was always my favorite
>>
>>11111948
It is me or Williams is using the Motorola logo?
>>
>>11111948
Joust was based and I'll always have a bash when I go to the arcade. Still lots of love for the classics on /vr/ it's not all 4th gen+ drones.
>>
File: BEWARE I LIVE.gif (227 KB, 336x252)
227 KB
227 KB GIF
ROOAAAAAARRR!!!
>>
>>11113409
RUN, COWARD! I HUNGER!
>>
File: SmashTV_flyer.jpg (28 KB, 275x363)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
I love Smash TV. Robotron 2084, Spy Hunter, XY Bots, Joust, Rampage, Sinistar and Gauntlet are all superb as well.
>>
File: pba graphics bug.png (2.95 MB, 1921x1053)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB PNG
Speaking of pinball anyone know what's up with these weird graphical artifacts in pinball arcade? it's happened twice after I played for a while, MAYBE both times after playing Gorgar but I don't remember. Is it like an anti-piracy thing or just a weird glitch?
>>
>>11111985
>Why did they fall so far behind the japs past the early 80s?
Thy game was over as soon as they saw what Iwata did with Balloon Fight.
>>
File: Robotron stage clear.gif (351 KB, 336x252)
351 KB
351 KB GIF
YOU WILL PLAY ROBOTRON. YOU MUST PLAY ROBOTRON. ROBOTRON IS LIFE.
>>
>>11111985
Y'know they did Mortal Kombat right
It's not called Williams by then (They bought Midway) but it's all the same people. Ed Boon worked on a ton of pinball tables and Steve Ritchie who designed Black Knight and many other tables voiced Shao Kahn.
>>
>>11111948
they were gigachads

>>11111985
>Why did they fall so far behind the japs past the early 80s?
they didn't. that's just delusional lies.
>>
>>11116335
that tms chip used in those titles was such a beast. japs had nothing like those boards at the time.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.