[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What's the best way to run this badboy on a 64 system with a panoramic display? Is it even possible?
And yes, I'm talking about 5 specifically, since it's (as far as I know) the only one that has in a single package hunting, fishing and the foraging minigame.
>inb4 cringe cinematics
Don't care, still best survival experience of them all
>>
>>11112339
Also, I guess: the Oregon Trail thread. The REAL Oregon Trail, pre-Gameloft brand-grab
>>
>>11112339
I believe that this is the best way, anon.
>>
>>11112453
This is correct, use Basilisk II or mini vMac to play the best version of the game
>>
>>11112456
But I want the foraging minigame, god damn it. Only 5 had it, meaning it's the only one where you can roleplay as a [spiler]dirt-poor Mormon[/spoiler]
>>
>>11112461
Gotcha, I'm too old to have played that version. But I do hope you can get it running. I will note that I got Treasure MathStorm (another Learning Company release) running on Windows 10 from the original install disk yesterday. Just had to stick it in 256 color compatibility mode.
>>
>>11112464
>too old
Anon, I was 22 when it came out. There is no such thing as "too old" for OT games
>256 color compatibility mode
Fuck, I completely forgot about that, using OTHER settings. Oh well, let's see how it goes...
>>
>>11112508
I meant I played the DOS and monochrome Macintosh versions when I was in school, not that I'm too old to play others, quite the contrary. We used to set up OT in an emulator before going out during college; we would name the party members after our friends and use it as a fortune-teller of how someone's night was going to go based on how they died (or lived). It was never wrong.
>>
>>11112339
5th has broken fishing if you are on any OS more modern than Me. Not even the fan patch fixes that and there is effectively no know solution.
So enjoy your 5 pounds of herbs, while missing on 50 pounds of trout.
>>
>>11112508
The golden solution turned to be compatibility with XP, but SP2, rather than 3

>>11112668
As for fishing: it does work. You either need to have .iso image mounted and the game properly set up, or just copy files from it to game directory. This way the fish take the bait properly, rather than having a static image
And even without that, I'd take 5 pounds of herbs over 50 pounds of trout on the basis I can get those herbs literally anywhere, while fishing spots are only in the first half of the journey, where you are going to still have loads of supplies.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.