[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721927131723.jpg (106 KB, 639x408)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
Why was is cancelled?
>>
>>11112754
Is there even any evidence that it existed as an actual game? That CGI trailer was probably all they had to show for it. Completely different to Star Fox Adventures which was nearly a finished product by the time they were bought by M$.
>>
>>11112754
You know why.
>>
>>11112767
Screenshots at the back of early GameCube boxes.
>>
>>11112754
cause it sucked balls
>>
>>11112770
Where? Show me them
>>
>>11112754
because it was crap
>>
File: EB7PJRUXoAASqX4.jpg (316 KB, 1152x1259)
316 KB
316 KB JPG
>>11112816
Above the Luigi's Mansion scree shot.
>>
>>11112839
I didn't have a GC until much later, so I know very little about unreleased game lore for it. Never heard of DK Racing or that Kameo was supposed to be a GC game. Interesting.
>>
I wish some kind of DK racing game was resurrected. Unfortunately Mario Kart got too big and cannibalized every other Nintendo racers.
>>
>>11112754
Because M$ bought them out.
I'm pretty sure DYKG did a piece showing it was actually repurposed as an open world Sabre Wulf game for the 360. Which also got cancelled. Lol i'm shocked Rare still exists desu
>>
>>11112839
That's not an in-game screenshot. That's from the CGI trailer.
>>
>>11112881
>I'm pretty sure DYKG did a piece showing it was actually repurposed as an open world Sabre Wulf game for the 360. Which also got cancelled. Lol i'm shocked Rare still exists desu
I can't remember his name, but one of the top guys who's been at Rare since the 80s and still works there, some time ago went on a Twitter rant about why they'll never make a new Banjo game. He's the sort of guy who insists there's "no market for 3D platformers anymore" and that it wouldn't sell.

It's easy to blame Rare's downfall on Microsoft, and sure they have a LOT to do with it, but at the end of the day the people who've worked there for the past 20+ years are just retarded and have no interest in making actually good games anymore. They openly disdain their back-catalog of IPs.
>>
>>11112754
It evolved into Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.

Which sounds really random, until you see the transitional game between the two:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtOWzNaGkNs
>>
File: ad.jpg (19 KB, 213x217)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>11112839
FANTASTIC GAMES FOR AN UNBELIEVABLE >SYSTEM
>>
>>11112928
That Mario game looks infinitely better than what we got.
>>
>>11114804
Are you referring to the Melee screenshot?
>>
>>11112839
>1 screenshot
>just a still image of pre-rendered CGI
okay
>>
>>11112928
Someone was definitely trolling with this one.
It looks early ps2 tier
>>
>>11115318
The DKR trailer was running on hardware and was everything else in that ahowcase, and Kevin Bayliss confirm several times it was on active development.
>>
It became Sabreman Stampede. And then was cancelled.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.