[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File deleted.
>want to play halo 2 and baldurs gate dark alliance with my brother
>pull out og xbox
>wont power on
>waste several hours trying to get it to work
>decide to buy xbox for $40 off of fb marketplace, dude sends me a video of it playing a game
>take it home
>powers on but gives error message that it can't read any of my discs
what do? At this point I'm just thinking about buying one on ebay that already has those cheeky capacitors removed or I might just try to low ball someone on fb marketplace and pray that this one works
>>
Uhm just use a 360 instead sweetie
>>
>>11113023
Is the disc spinning? Sometimes the drives seize up but giving the top of the console a tap can get it working again.
>>
>>11113023
Maybe it's the discs
>>
>>11113023
This might sound crazy but try putting a burned disc in it and playing it.
>>
>>11113034
It doesn't sound like it's spinning, it will make a faint click sound once or twice but that's about it
>>11113041
I tried like 12 different games... it's not my discs lol
>>
>>11113023
I mean the games are on PC as well if it keeps giving you that much trouble
>>
>>11113049
I don't want to play them on PC. I also have more games that I'd like to play but this situation is what pushed me over the edge to finally dust off the xbox
>>
>>11113023
take the optical drive out of your broken xbox and put it in the new one you got. Or mod it and play games off a hard drive. optical drives are usually the first thing to fail on old disc reading consoles unless they had some major failure like the capacitor issue with xbox. if its like ps2 swapping optical drive is easy and no soldering needed
>>
>>11114217
This works just fine. Have a torx 20 bit handy.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.