[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

What a piece of shit. Terrible in every aspect that makes the series great.
>>
How?
>>
Has anyone modded the game to remove the pathetic slow motion when you go through loading tunnels?
>>
The last good game in the series but the cracks were starting to show.
>>
What's wrong with the soundtrack?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Z5HFnvjyo
>>
>>11114304
This is exactly right. The skating in this game is probably the best in the series, between this and THUG 2. I couldn't have given a single shit about the story mode in AW like I did with THUG, but man was it fun to just skate around. Comparing AW to Project 8 is night and day.
>>
>>11113895
>PeeShit 2 version
LMAO
>>
>>11115001
Version differences are pretty much negligible in these games
>>
>>11113895
>NO LOADING
liar ass box
>>
>>11113895
best game in the series
>>
>>11113895
>Features still locked off by mandatory tutorials 80% through the story
Fuck this boring ass game. I had a friend that had the balls to compare it to THUG2 and THPS3 in terms of quality.
>>
One of the level designers hated the game. THPS8 and Project are unironically better for at least trying something new and having better pacing, and both have bad pacing
>>
>>11113895
im playing this now and the damn tutorial wont end.
>>
The fact I could immediately grind rails completely turned me off the game.
There's a difference between being taught by NPCs how to perform basic tricks, and being completely unable to do a trick until you talk to NPCs.
>>
It's a fun solid game but it's definitely glitchy as fuck. I have a playthrough going and had to take a break because I got tired of how fucking janky it could be.
>>
>>11115846
anon... The tutorial lasts for the entirety of the game.
>>
>>11115137
I grew up with the gamecube version and holiday by green day plays like %30 of the time. Recently played it on Xbox and that song barely plays because the radio seems to have a bunch more music in circulation.
>>
>>11114345
reviewers at the time hated it cause it was a bunch of emo bands covering punk songs, and in the mid 00s calling people emo faggots was the meta
>>
>>11116053
Unironically this, it's so bad.
>>
>>11113895
All of the additions to this from THUG2 are basically useless or even hindering if you go thru them one by one.
>>
>>11115202
Everyone called this out immediately but even if there were no tunnels or they were shorter, it would have not made it a better game.
>>
>>11116062
They have the same soundtracks between versions
>>
>>11116407
It could be there's a version difference that some songs play more often than others as in they are weighted differently but I doubt it.
>>
this game worse than thug2 and project8?
>>
>>11116981
Yes but saying something is worse than thug2 is redundant

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.