[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1715553359799888.png (499 KB, 1230x710)
499 KB
499 KB PNG
Is there any reason to play these versions over the PSX originals?
>>
>>11114961
There's no reason to play the PS1 originals over the remakes.
>>
Don't the psx versions have additional arrange modes not present on the pc version? Haven't checked if the rebirth mods added those in.
>>
Play modded versions of psx originals. stock ps1 residents are fucking trash and are filled with issues
>>
>>11114987
modding is kinda gay tho?
>>
>>11114961
Only the Director’s Cut on ps1 for extra scenarios and camera angles (the latter I think someone’s made a patch to include in the pc)

>>11114968
Different games. Might as well say “play call of duty instead”. Ignore this post
>>
>>11114989
Wait untill you learn that:
The original Resident Evil came out in the west with censored black and white intro and cut-scenes. The Director’s Cut version was supposed to fix that but Capcom developers made a mistake and forgot to include the uncensored FMV (Full motion Video), i’m not kidding go read the wiki.

So they made a third a version! Director’s Cut Dual Shock Ver. This time with uncensored FMV, right? RIGHT?! Wrong. This version still comes censored, but is compatible with Dual Shock controllers and they changed the entire OST with a really awkward one known as one of the worst in gaming history.
>>
>>11114995
It’s because of this I like to think RE cost capcom about 12 yen to make because the staff were retards and made a gorillion
>>
>>11114968
hey zoomer, you got lost or something?
>>>/v/
>>
>>11114968
Hey zoomie
>>
>>11114961
No. Also imagine buying in gog lmao

This was posted by the gog-games army
>>
>>11114968
they hated him because he told the truth
>>
>>11115147
I'm gonna keep buying games on gog and you can't stop me.
>>
>>11114968
They're both completely different games and worth playing in their own regards.
>>
>>11115002
id actually wager that the people on /v/ like remakes less than the people on /vr/
>>
>>11114961
For starters, that is a PC port.
>>
>>11115214
That'd make sense. There were some pretty good remakes being made 20+ years ago, whereas all modern remakes are shit.
>>
>>11114961
Are these the actual PC versions redone or they just half assed PS ports to PC?
>>
Nobody actually answers OP's question, bravo you useless faggots.
>>
>>11115207
Except REmake 3...it is garbage from start to finish
>>
>>11115386
Its the old Windows 95 PC version just patched to get it working on modern systems. Honestly you're better off installing the Japanese version and then using the Classic REbirth patch for more options, quality of life improvements and modding support.
https://classicrebirth.com/index.php/downloads/resident-evil-classic-rebirth/
>>
>>11115452
I appreciate the feedback
>>
File: 1574011152143.gif (64 KB, 500x392)
64 KB
64 KB GIF
>>11115401
>calls everyone a faggot and does the same thing
>>
>>11115472
Well I don't know the answer you double nigger
>>
>>11115452
In the GOG version you can change the language to japanese to get the files required for rebirth as well. Rebirth is probably the best way to play. If you have AMD Graphics just make sure to read the troubleshooting section about using dgvoodoo so it works.
>>
>>11114961
Instant camera changes are nice but not a make or break feature.
>>
>>11114961
re1? not really. if anything it has some regressions compared to the PS1 version such as making certain items hidden.

re2 and re3? the backgrounds are double the resolution and look better. but assuming these don't come with some kind of color correction mod, they will have the yucky dreamcast red tint.
>>
>>11114968
the 3 remake was a disgrace
>>
>>11114995
>they changed the entire OST with a really awkward one known as one of the worst in gaming history.
didnt someone make it terrible on purpose? I cant remember the exact story but I think it was intentional.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.