[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1040.jpg (86 KB, 616x353)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
What is the best way to play Chrono Trigger?
>>
>>11115176
Manipulating buttons on a controller with your fingers
>>
On a comfy sunset/night after work, with your gf/wife cooking something nice for you, whioe drinking a beer or hot chocolate.
And on a CRT on a SNES of course.
>>
>>11115176
any time you want to play a game go on wikipedia and play the version that was released first.
>>
>>11115176
snes or ds (don't play the bonus content)
think the steam version is fine now too, used to have a bug where you'd get stuck by a save point
>>
On ZSNES 0.150 for authenticity.
>>
>>11115221
is then you'd have to turn off one of the transparency layers when you get to the domes in the future?
>>
DS version has extra content, Chrono Trigger+ romhack has an MSU-1 set up. choose
>>
>>11115176
I like the ps1 version on my vita because old JRPGs and ARPGs are really good handheld fodder. I'm sure the SNES rom on your phone would be fine but I have only played the ps1 version
>>
keeping ayla in your party as much as possible
>>
I can't figure out why but this game's combat wears on me, even uniquely among jarpigs. I still hold it in fairly high regard overall, but I've always wondered why the battles felt so boring over time compared to any of the SNES FF's, for example. Always think of replaying it and then get this feeling like I just ate McDonald's when I think of spamming techs through unlovable random encounters
>>
>>11115395
Unlosable* but kek
Fuck it bros I'm gonna go for it and see if the combat is more bearable now that I'm a decrepit boomer
>>
Emulate the SNES version on a beat up Dell Latitude laptop with a shitty screen and a DS4 controller
>>
On the PS1 with the long loading times
>>
>>11115176
So far I think it might be SNES with the Colosseum.
>>
>>11115176
wii virtual console
>>
>>11115176
DS for the expanded story . It gives you a bit of content that is the closest we will get to a third game connecting to cross and still has the psx fmvs
>>
by not playing it at all bc dat shit is poo poo
>>
>>11115176
Original Super Famicom version
>>
The DS extras aren't anything special, that's all I know. Lost Sanctum gave me brain tumor
>>
>>11115243
The extra content is awful and the overpowered rewards you get aren't worth the grind. You can quite literally speedrun a New Game+ in the same amount of time it takes to beat the DS extras. The DS version is a major case of "what the fuck were these retards actually thinking?" So much wasted potential.
>>
Steam is the definitive version, it is the SNES game with the PS1 extras, the DS extras, no slowdown, best music, translation etc. No downsides.
>>
>>11115198
I unironically like the filter in the Steam version of Chrono Trigger. What usually makes a filter suck is that it mutes the colors and the smoothing removes more minute pixel details like shading. CT looks smoother but still has the above elements intact.
>>
>>11115176
How has this game still not been rereleased with a fucking NG+ Hard Mode
>>
>>11115176
with your mom

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.