[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: jakii.jpg (1.11 MB, 1920x2347)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
Do you think Jak II is a difficult game?
>>
Certain parts of it feel a bit cheap but the higher difficulty still makes it more exhilarating than the original.
>>
>>11131326
Which parts do you think feel cheap?
>>
File: 450.jpg (76 KB, 360x203)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>11131336
>>
>>11131351
I couldn't agree more, that one mission on the docks was such bullshit.
>>
>>11131303
yeah it's difficult to stay awake playing it
>>
>>11131351
I swear to god I'm the only person on the planet who doesn't have an issue with this mission. It's like some water temple tier bullshit where everyone is a fucking smoothbrain.
>>
>>11131693
I don't believe you.
>>
>>11131693
Reminder that people complained about the GTA:SA train for 20 years because they didn't drive up the ramp
>>
overall no but there are a couple of asshole tier designed missions
>>
I replayed it recently and found it a lot less hard than I thought it was as a kid. The checkpoints are brutal but combat is ridiculously easy once you get the yellow rifle upgrade for the gun (since it autoaims perfectly with each shot).
>>
>>11131351
This is explainable by my own experience; I kept trying to run away due to the waypoint marker instead of hanging back to kill every Crimson Guard.
The game is a whole lot easier in general by just staying away from enemies and shooting them to death.
>>
>>11131303
i fucking hated that piece of shit mission where you had to shoot down cargo ships with a turret, but it had the jetpack red guys at the start
>>
It has some frustrating sections, so yes.
>>
>>11131303
Dying is a regular occurrence in this game. There's maybe 5 or 6 missions where the difficulty ramps up massively.
>>
File: hardest retro games.jpg (2.2 MB, 1960x4208)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB JPG
>>11131303
it's listed as one of the hardest games of all time according to this list so must be pretty challenging
>>
Yes and no. The only part of the game I would call truly difficult is the optional side missions and gunrange courses, where something is so difficult that you're resigned to grinding out dozens of failed attempts. Even the most bullshit mainline missions in the game never really get past "damn I'm gonna beat it on the next try I know it."
>>
The difficulty is also very wonky, rather than a gradual progression of difficulty some early missions are hard, followed by piss easy ones then hard again. The checkpoints are very sparse too so you end up having to tediously replay easy parts of a mission just to get back to the hard bit where you died

Also Dark Jak is portrayed as some hulk-like rampage state but it's pathetically weak, takes ages to collect enough Dark Eco for and runs out too quickly
>>
>>11132197
That mission fucking sucked.
>>
>>11132335
That list was a bait image I made for trolling /v/. You shouldn't really take it seriously.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.