[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3915.jpg (292 KB, 1200x1232)
292 KB
292 KB JPG
Is it worth playing?
I’ve been putting it off because it looked to easy from watching gameplay vids.
>>
It's just like the other Jumping Flash games. If you liked those you'll like this too.
>>
It's not.
It's just a walkie-talkie game in japanese, and some dilluted gameplay based on the first two titles.
If you just want to jump on enemies and platform, stick with 1 and 2.
>>
I want to reverse engineer the file formats of this so someone can finally make a fucking english patch
>>
>>11247935
the code for this game is too complicated, easier to just learn japanese instead. The game is not story-heavy anyway.
>>
>>11249992
You've looked into the code yourself?
>>
>>11250623
yes
>>
>>11251262
What are the problems? Does it not have support for english text? Are the formats some abomination of hardcoded pointers?
>>
>>11247869
Oh it's quite challenging getting an "S-rank" on every mission, but even then I'm not sure it's worth playing without understanding all the story and humor.
>>
Robbit Mon Dieu was a weird spinoff of Jumping Flash after Sony cannibalized Exact and split some of the important people into Japan Studio. After this, Jumping Flash died and Sony didn't seem to care. I always felt sad about that because Exact was a really good dev group that seemed to have a bright future ahead.
Even Robbit's face in the cover seems to indicate this sadness.
>>
>>11253130
>if only you knew how bad things really are
>>
>>11253130
I was more sad we didn’t get a PS2 iteration of this.
Would have loved seeing it on PS2
I know Sony would often shill these Jumping Flash characters hard before Crash/Pipo Saru/Toro went into the picture.
>>
I'm trying it out now after playing through both first games, my impression so far

>more story oriented
Most of the text is flavour/humour but you do need to understand the text to know the goals in each stage. I'm using retroarch's AI translation and it gets the job done. But cutscenes have no subtitles.
>higher res and better draw distance than the previous 2 games but less details, smaller environments so far
>slower paced, walking speed is slower
>can only have one power up at once apparently

Apparently there is an upgrade system I haven't gotten into yet. The game certainly picks up very slowly with its forced tutorial so I'm not sure if it gets good, contrary to the arcade design of the original games. You can really tell that by 1999 arcade design was not acceptable.
>>
>>11251381
bump
If you check this thread again honestly I'd really like to know more about your findings than just "the code is complicated"
>>
>>11257270
NTA but from looking at the game they'd need to implement subtitles for the cutscenes.

Also text appears in at least 3 or 4 different formats, some of which like the windows accessed from the world I expect to have a hard cap on character limit. It's not like your average RPG in which if you crack the dialogue window format you're basically done outside of menus.
>>
>>11247869
> it looked to easy from watching gameplay vids.

I've beaten it now. It starts out easy but some of the later platforming and boss fights are harder than anything in 1 and 2.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.