[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What does the Unworking Design patch do in Rayearth? The difficulty's pretty trivial in the US version. Does it make it even easier?
Magic Knight Rayearth/Working Designs games thread, I guess. These dubs are based.
>>
Probably just removes all the jokes.
>>
>>
Yeah, it looks like it just makes the difficulty go back to the original Japanese difficulty. There's also an undub patch if that is interesting to you. The only way to avoid the jokes inserted by working designs is to play in nihongo
>>
>>11248931
I played an un-working designs version of Lunar 1 (ps1) and it was wayy too easy. never knew how much the challenge mattered back in the day.
>>
>>11249475
Lunar on ps1 was already super easy back in the day. it was really even easier?
>>
>>11249475
I've been playing through Popful Mail patched and unpatched side by side, and I don't really get why people push the patched version so hard. The unpatched version isn't hard and doesn't feel grindy. Is it just a case of people parroting opinions about games they've never played?
>>
>>11250004
The difficulty boosts WD gave are generally overblown because of that one time they fucked up with exile, making it kind of bullshit hard.
>>
Would it be theoretically possible to use an action replay to apply the increased difficulty changes to a jap copy?
>>
>>11249078
PUTA ELF!!!
>>
>>11250004
I never understood that shit either, anon. Popful Mail is fine as it is, I enjoy the silly humour in it too.
>>
>>11250004
>Is it just a case of people parroting opinions about games they've never played?
Yes, that and a small section of people being generally not good at games and coping. It's nice that the patch exists but if you're having any kind of difficulty trouble with any version of Popful Mail you have to be retarded. The whole run of "un-working designs" patches are just weird as they seem to be fueled by this hate boner for the company and their work yet not one person involved speaks a lick of nihongo and is willing to try and salvage all the work WD 'butchered', it's purely stat autism. As the other anon said, I get it for Exile, but babby stuff like Popful and Lunar don't need it at all.
>>
>>11252530
I want to play games as the real devs intended, not some stupid Kaizo Mario romhack
>>
Didn't WD generally just boost enemy stats and health plus make things cost more? That's not really changing the difficulty in an RPG where most people grind anyway.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.