[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_9448.jpg (146 KB, 640x640)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
Best TMNT game?
For me, it’s the obvious Turtles in Time, but I liked TMNT 3 on the Gameboy as well. Felt like a shittier Metroid 2
>>
I'm also a complete normie who thinks TiT (heh) is the best.
If you combined Hyperstone Heist's animation and control with TiT's colors and levels and let you choose between which soundtrack you wanted you might have the ultimate TMNT game.
Aside from that...I have a soft spot for almost every Turtle game so it's hard to choose.
I actually really like the original. It has it's fair share of 8-bit bullshit but not really any more than any other NES game of it's era. It also is very weird and off-model but that makes it more interesting.
>>
i probably played the nes version of the arcade game the most
>>
Turtles in Time is overrated because of its incredible opening level. The rest of the stages are nowhere near as good.

Still an awesome game though.
>>
The 16-bit games have better graphics and more moves, but my favorite is TMNT 3 for the NES. Lots of stages and lots of bosses, lots of enemy types, and one of the best NES soundtracks ever. I actually think the Super Shredder in this one is better than Turtles in Time.
>>
>>11251418
They NEVER scanned the book, right?
>>
I like TMNT 2007. The parkour is fun.
>>
>>11251469
Excuse me!?

Technodrome's Elevator's music is the best piece of music from the fucking game. So much hype it's unreal. Also the stage overall is one of the best from the game. I also would put Bury My Shell At Wounded Knee up there as well. Also has that amazing percussion that Konami was known for back then. Plus being a huge fan of Sunset Riders playing it at my local 7-Eleven back in the early 90s it was a nice treat.
>>
>>11251418
I played the hell out of Fall of the Foot Clan as a kid, so that's the one on there that gets replayed the most.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1HiRkkaOBQ
>>
>>11251418
TMNT3 > Turtles in Time (SNES) > TMNT (arcade) > Radical Rescue > TMNT2 > Fall of the Foot Clan > Turtles in Time (arcade) > TMNT (NES) > Back from The Sewers
>>
>>11251418
Manhattan Project is objectively the best
>>
I like all the ones I've played but the only one that was especially interesting was TMNT for NES. So that, janky and bizarre though it may be, is my favorite
>>
Manhattan Project is great but it's really not better than Turtles In Time, that's crazy talk. Is this just standard /vr/ schizo contrarianism?
>>
>>11251418
HSH > TIT
>>
>>11252437
You're nostalgia blinded
>>
>>11252437
Manhattan Project is longer, harder, has more enemy variety, more bosses and better music. I see nothing wrong with preferring it to Turtles in Time, the true contrarians are the Hyperstone Heist dickriders like this guy >>11252439
>>
>>11252442
I actually owned MP - received it as a birthday gift and spent months playing it. I do love the game, and if anything I should be nostalgia blinded in favor if it. It's not better than TiT.
>>11252452
I don't think longer for a beat em up is necessarily better. 45 minutes is perfect. MP is only tougher because it's longer, plus you can just spam your specials. It honestly becomes a bit of a slog post-Technodrome. Don't agree on it having better music at all.
HSH COULD be better but the levels really suck. One of them is just a featureless cave with a boss rush.
>>
>>11252461
>plus you can just spam your specials
That's another positive of MP over TiT, you can still use your special attack when you only have 1 health point left. That makes the game really fast and intense seeing how long you can push your luck before you get hit once and die.
>>
File: Turts.png (216 KB, 335x298)
216 KB
216 KB PNG
I played the absolute shit out of picrel as a kid, so either this or the NES one with the underwater electric fences (forget which)
>>
>>11252484
Fun little game, but as an adult it's really too easy.
>>
>>11251418
>the Gameboy as well. Felt like a shittier Metroid 2
I like it way more than Metroid 2. Doesn't waste your time crawling on walls for hours and has way better bosses, none of which copypaste dozens of times.
>>
Manhattan Project is the best yeah.
>>
>>11252452
I think what's neat to me is that Manhattan Project tries really hard to make each boss a set piece, and on the NES at that.
>>
>>11252452
Fuck you. HSH superior soundtrack alone makes it the better game.
>>
How bad is the lag in this collection?
>>
>>11252620
I didn’t notice it - I could beat TMNT 1 no problem and I’m usually pretty sensitive to this stuff. The Kunio/DD collection was pretty rough on me
>>
>>11251418
I dunno how i played some of these as a kid, these games can be pretty brutal. I probably liked tmnt 2 on nes the most, better graphics and villians from the series were a big deal.
>>
Arcade, megadrive and supernes all equal.
I am glad I wasted 40 euros in that cowabunga collection playing "doubles" was amazing.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.